PDA

View Full Version : The Lost.

happy_doughnut
May 29th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Crave Entertainment is bringing about a new survival horror RPG. The Lost is due out in October 1, 2002 for the ps2 (yay!) This game is a fully interactive version of -hell-. In the game, you can freely switch from 4 different characters which each have unique abilities. The Lost is a modern-day re-telling of Dante's inferno which is to challenge both a players gaming skills and courage :D
===========================================
Full Preview:
Crave Entertainment hopes to send your stomach in knots with their creepiest release to date, The Lost. The single-player survival horror game adds an RPG twist to the popular genre. With a complex and twisted storyline, The Lost should find its way into the homes of many gamers this Fall.

The story of The Lost is just as interesting as the game itself and seems like it came from the mind of horror novelist Clive Barker or slasher-movie director Wes Craven. The heroine of The Lost is Amanda Wright, a simple homemaker leading a simple life until her young daughter is mysteriously killed. Utterly distraught, Amanda decides to take her own life, but is stopped by Lucifer who makes a deal with her. Lucifer tells Amanda that he has been ousted from control of Hell by a false god who has closed the entryway to Heaven. Lucifer needs Amanda’s help to regain power, and Amanda needs Lucifer’s help to get her daughter out of Hell and into Heaven, where she rightfully belongs. Twisted enough for you yet? It gets even creepier…

On her way to save her daughter, Amanda meets three souls eager to leave Hell who agree to help her out in exchange for freedom from the Netherworld. Amanda can, at any time, morph into any one of the three playable characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. The three characters are Instinct, the female warrior who relies on hacking and slicing enemies with her broadsword and defending with her bracers, Shadow, the thief who can turn invisible, use a grappling hook, and lay automated turrets to dispose of opponents, and Corruption, Lucifer’s magic-using son who floats about the levels. Each of the three characters are upgradeable as the player progresses through the game. This RPG element allows the player to increase hit points, offensive power, and other skills to their liking. Because each character has unique abilities, players must prudently decide when to use the different characters to progress through Hell, all while dealing with demons, three-headed dogs, and other enemies.

The 3D world created for The Lost is enormous. Just walking through the game without fighting anything takes 20 hours. The Lost’s Hell is riddled with eerie landscapes from asylums, to cathedrals, to M.C. Escher-esque twisted rooms, each with mind-numbing puzzles to solve and bone-chilling enemies to defeat. The Lost’s model of Hell is based on Dante’s Inferno, and appropriately has nine levels. Each level has five to six areas for a total number of 300 rooms in the game. Indeed, this is a game you can really get lost in. The eerie world created for The Lost is matched equally by an equally eerie soundtrack. The howling wind, the screaming lost souls, and terrifying ambience should send several gamers diving behind their couches and shaking in their slippers.

Also, for any X-Box fans, this game is to be released for the X-Box a mid November.

IcyMourdor
May 29th, 2002, 07:25 AM
The game sounds cool. Storyline seems well developed. I'm gonna have to try it in...

*looks at the date*

THAT LONG!?

Esjay
May 31st, 2002, 04:10 PM
I've seen the game on TechTV's Extended Play, it seems like a very cool game, I'll probably only rent it though. It looks really creepy...it makes Resident Evil seem like Mario Sunshine...heh

Reid
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:44 PM
I got into Dante's The Divine Comedy this year, so when I heard about this game I got pretty excited.

If they capture the essence of those books the game should be really great (and creepy).

Infernal Mass
Jun 24th, 2002, 09:52 PM
sounds interesting, i'm going to keep an eye out for this one. I've always wanted the survival horror and rpg genre to come together.

parasite eve, was alright but it was more of an action/adventure game like resident evil. Pretty darn close though..hopefully this one has the right formula.