PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Ossian
May 28th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I'm really new to anime. I'd like to get some anime series DVDs and see them.
I've watched very few series. They were cool, but some friends told me I should see at least Trigun or Cowboy Bebop.

Which one among these two I should get for first?

merylsilverburg
May 28th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Hey there. :) Well....I would highly recommend both, but if you had to choose one at the moment, I would say Cowboy Bebop. Very good series and is a definite "must-see". The plot is solid, the characters are excellent, the music is superb, the comedy is classy, and it's just overall great. However, I must warn you....if you're very emotional, this series is dramatic. Just to prepare you. I hope this helps.

As for Trigun, the same thing applies.....the plot is dramatic but good, the characters are also excellent, the music is awesome, and the comedy...while not very much in the later episodes, is still very humorous. I'd say get this second because while the plot is terrific, it's not "wanting to see the next episode right away" terrific. At least IMO. You may think differently. I hope this helps too. :)

Sartori
May 29th, 2002, 12:31 AM
I haven't seen much of either. XD

But I have seen the Cowboy Bepop movie and the first episode of the series. And I saw the first ep. of Trigun. I liked both.

If I were to get either on DVD it would definitely be Cowboy Bepop. Actually, I probably will get it on DVD sooner or later.

Cannibal Clown
May 29th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Well, I already decided that I would get Cowboy bebop on dvd first, so I guess i'll stay with saying get that one. meryl already said why it's so good, so I'll just leave it at that.

Macceh^
May 29th, 2002, 10:29 AM
everything meyrl has recomended me has been superb so go with what she says :E

Rei
May 29th, 2002, 01:50 PM
I'd suggest to get Trigun first, because while CB's main storyline is fragmented and totally secondary during some episodes, Trigun's one is a costant aspect of the series. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

If you want a strong plot throughout all the series, go and get Trigun. If you don't mind seeing many episodes not directly linked to the main storyline, you can try CB as well.
And another thing I'd like to say: for the reasons I mentioned above, it's easier IMO to follow CB without watching the whole series, while if you want to understand Trigun you have to see the whole thing, not missing many episodes, or you'll find it very confusing.

merylsilverburg
May 29th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Rei
I'd suggest to get Trigun first, because while CB's main storyline is fragmented and totally secondary during some episodes, Trigun's one is a costant aspect of the series. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

If you want a strong plot throughout all the series, go and get Trigun. If you don't mind seeing many episodes not directly linked to the main storyline, you can try CB as well.
And another thing I'd like to say: for the reasons I mentioned above, it's easier IMO to follow CB without watching the whole series, while if you want to understand Trigun you have to see the whole thing, not missing many episodes, or you'll find it very confusing.

That's very true too. I forgot about that. :P Thanks Rei. :)

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:34 PM
I dont know...
I dont watch anime much, only Tenchi and metal gear solid..

Beretta55
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:32 PM
damn those are both good choices its hard to chose........i will get back to you on this:laugh:

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Trigun....
I just dont know what to choose, its up to you!

Pu the Owl
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Hard choice...I hope you can decide! I'd say to get both, because I like Trigun as much as Cowboy Bebop.

In Cowboy Bebop there's Spike-kun, but Vash is cute as well (not to mention my insane obsession for Legato-sama ....)

Ah well, I think you should follow Rei's advice: first of all depends if you want to see something with a plot which remains more or less the same till the end or not.

Both CB and Trigun are kinda tragic anime, even if maybe in Trigun there are more bright moments.

Zanku
May 20th, 2003, 03:32 PM
The CB Boxset is relatively cheap, check out http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007LLIV/qid=1053462116/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-1244939-8958302?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846
45% off is a big save in my opinion, especially seeing as you can Buy CB and Outlaw Star together for $175.39, and just for CB the list price would be $179.88!! If you dont mind lacking on prettiness, then try the Perfect Sessions, its only $34.99, and thats all 26 episodes.

Better yet, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005OW09/ref=pd_sim_dv_2/104-1244939-8958302?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Thats Trigun and CB Complete Sessions, for $268.88, which is a great deal for what you get for the price :drool: :weep: :shy: I wish i lived in the US, such good pricing for those.

Chaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:05 PM
first off ur options r the best anime's that were ever made......soooo........if i was u............i would get both!:laugh: :cool:

just d/l them on KAZAA!:cool:

~*Chaos*~

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Chaos theres no point in trying to tell you this but do you actually have a conscience. The more people that get the idea to download off Kazaa, the more consumers will be harmed. Yea yea weve heard it all before you say. OK so they wont bother with home downloaders but "fakes" of movies and songs have been put up in Kazaa, Morpheus and WinMX - for example the ring was replaced by a 20 minute high quality film of someone saying - "You pirate, Get out of here" and a blank screen. So just think before you start openly telling people to pirate in future please. (NO I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY DEVELOPER).

Anyways back to the point of the topic - I think Trigun was a better quality all over but thats just my opinion. By your poll it looks like your stuck on halfway so if I was you I would buy both if I had the money. But thats up to you...

Synbios
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I picked Cowboy Bebop cuz I like when there's alot of characters revolving around. I still like Trigun of course, both of them actually in my opinion.......

Vicious_2003
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Both are really good but id say Bebop . Better characters, better story, MUCH better animation, and not Quite as censored as Trigun. The world of Bebop really sucked me in, cant say that for trigun. Plus trigun got a little wierd with the whole arms ripping open and killing ppl thing

Zephyr
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Im sorry but I really dont see how censoring comes into a debate like this. This is the qaulity of the animation and the storylines etc were talking about not the censoring.