PDA

View Full Version : FF Tactics?

Ossian
May 28th, 2002, 03:40 PM
I've heard european players will soon be able to play this game. I've noticed that the character design is really different from the one of other FF games. And the game seems pretty different also from many other aspects.
If there's someone who played it, could you please tell me the main differences from other FF games?
Why the name FF Tactics?

Spank-A-Thon
May 28th, 2002, 04:02 PM
It's called FF Tactics because the main bulk of the game is turn-based moving & fighting. Not like the turn-based stuff in FFX, it's more like a game of chess. The game is a series of battles interspersed with cut-scenes showing plot developments...

The environments are real-time 3D whilst the characters are sprites and it's presented in an isometric perspective.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***
There is also a cameo from a 'flower girl', plus you can gain Cloud as an extra character!
*** SPOILER WARNING ***

Similar to all FF's you have HP and MP and gain EXP after a battle, but you also gain JP (Job Points). Each character has a job (or class, e.g. Knight, Mage and so on) and can learn certain abilites by spending JP earned. Each character can also change jobs, thus you can become a Mage that has, say, some of a Ninja's abilities - it's really quite flexible and involving.

The music is great, the graphics are pretty good and the story is great... but one last thing - it's hard... very hard, i.e. I still haven't finished it and I bought it on NTSC import 2 and a half years ago!!!

Hope this helps!

- S

Ossian
May 28th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Hey! Thanks a lot!
A very fast reply! And really clear!
I didn't know about the jobs thing, but now it sounds appealing to me!

IcyMourdor
May 28th, 2002, 06:00 PM
There is also a cameo from a 'flower girl', plus you can gain Cloud as an extra character!

Please include SPOILERS if you put something up like that. Thanks.

Anyways, FFT is my all-time favorite game. The storyline is great and the music is good too.

Job Classes:
Your characters start out as the base classes of Squire and Chemist. They will eventually gain new jobs such as Lancer and Summoner. JP is needed to gain levels for the jobs and purchase abilities.

If you need any help with the game, you can ask us.

Spank-A-Thon
May 28th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Please include SPOILERS if you put something up like that. Thanks. Oops... my bad... sorry....

Have now edited my post...

- S

Pimp_Daddy507
May 29th, 2002, 12:16 AM
FFT, one of THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED.......I SWEAR. AND ALSO THE LONGEST IVE PLAYED. maybe about 200-300 hrs im pretty sure. an awsome game, so many different things to do.

im literally an expert at that game

(EVERYONE at lv 99)

Evil Parrot
May 29th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Ossian
I've heard european players will soon be able to play this game.

Where did you hear that? If thats true, i'll need to go change my pants!

IcyMourdor
May 29th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Actually, Europe should already have it.

I talk to a guy from Sweden who already has his copy, just keep your eyes open.

Spank-A-Thon
May 29th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Actually, Europe should already have it.

I talk to a guy from Sweden who already has his copy, just keep your eyes open. Nope, it's never been released in Europe and still hasn't.

No sign of any news on the Square Europe site. It doesn't appear on searches at www.eb.uk.com (Electronics Boutique) nor the Amazon.co.uk web-site.

Your Swedish friend must have bought it from an import shop like I did.

Hopefully, after the success sales-wise of FFVI and FF: Anthology in Europe, Square may get round to releasing it here. Especially given that a GameBoy Advance re-make is in the works...

- S