PDA

View Full Version : A question for FF fans...

Ruby Moon
May 27th, 2002, 10:04 PM
What is the thing you love the most in FF games? The aspect that made you buy a second FF game after the first one you played?
There must be an explanation...or did you just liked the game in general and you wanted to try other FF episodes?

BlackThornn
May 27th, 2002, 10:53 PM
I bought FFVII and seriously could not stop playing for months. 2 and a half, I think.. the "final" game I made ended up with something like 175 hours (or more.. I forgot) with all the chocobo breeding I was doing.

At first I was reluctant to buy FFVIII because of the lack of the materia system that I thought was so cool.. I ended up buying it though at first only for the stunning visuals (and the fact that it was an FF title).. which was strange because I prided myself on not buying stuff for just visuals. I'm glad I did, though.. 'cause VIII has to be my favorite game. :D

I couldn't say a common factor that makes me love FF games in general, though.. one reason being that I thought IX sucked.. but mainly because they are very different games.. besides being RPGs, having similar play aspects (worldmap, stuff like that) and all having chocobos, there isn't really all that much common about the games.

happy_doughnut
May 27th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Well, the first FF game I ever played was FF2 for the SNes. I fell completely in love with that game :love:
I can't say it was because of the graphics, because...oh come on.
Rather, what made me want to play another was the storyline and the characters. Also, I find the FF series to be relaxing. It's like they take me to a whole new world and they let me out of this one. The power to be able to say worlds is just... enchanting.

FF2 was also the very first RPG I ever played. Since I really like that sort of stuff, I was inclined to playing more. After the next game, I became completely addicted. I think the stories are just so touching that for me, they've become irresistable.
I'm glad I continued playing because ah, alas came FF8. There's no better FF than that :D

IcyMourdor
May 28th, 2002, 02:24 PM
The first FF I played was the original Final Fantasy for the Nes. I loved that game. Then I heard that FFIV was coming out for the SNES, I was overjoyed. I kept playing all the games and I still do today. Playing FFT right now again.

The storylines and music are great and I always look forward to new FF and RPGs.

Sword 4 Hire
May 28th, 2002, 04:36 PM
I think Mena summed it up pretty well...it's like your being taken to another world...another life...it helps me take my mind off of my problems but most of all...it's all about the story baby!! I love being shocked and amazed...the feeling you get at the end when the villain unravels his plans at your very feet...that's what makes FF's so good in my eyes!

Dark Angel
May 28th, 2002, 05:10 PM
I got FFVII, which was the first in the UK I think and I just loved it, nice I got it for a tenner :laugh:. Still the best I think, got me by the story. I got 8 mainly cos I like the TV ad, but was a bit disappointed with it so didn't bother with 9. I only got to play that when my mate got it and now I love it as well! I'd been waiting for 10 for ages and got it yesterday :D. Not sure about the story yet, but I love the characters and the graphics dude!!!

Pimp_Daddy507
May 29th, 2002, 12:18 AM
at the age of 9, i got hooked on FF7 which i bought off some 6th grader, which were HUGE at the time of my age. Thats the best FF ever and I still play it every now and then and im now 13!

Sartori
May 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM
I think the reason I keep playing FF games is because of the story. Very immersive. The gameplay is pretty enjoyable too.

I believe those are the main reasons I continue to pick up FF titles.

I first picked up FF8 (i know....pretty slow.....XD), then after playing that I just had to play FF7. Then onto 9 and then 10. You get the picture.

RufusFF7
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:18 PM
The storyline and characters is what makes FF games so great!

Lost_myth
Jun 1st, 2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon
What is the thing you love the most in FF games? The aspect that made you buy a second FF game after the first one you played?
There must be an explanation...or did you just liked the game in general and you wanted to try other FF episodes?

I don't know how to explain it. It makes you think. The story and the characters relate to me in different forms. The struggle of life and death. The way the game just grabs ahold of you and screams look! :shock:

All the emotions and feelings;hatred, love, pain and happiness. Mot importantly fun and bore-dom. The fun of being mog; walking around the place as a big white fulffy bear with wings. I mean most of the things in here I wonder about my self. Dealing with death in ff7, how Aeris died and the killing streaks. Cosmo Canyon and the ancients. The astronomy, stars, meteors and planets; how life came and how it will die; With sephiroth, the mystery. The magic and the spirits; the travel of time.....

The gorgous spectical and twisted plots. Hmmm.... Wow... The images and graphics just drags you back in. You get lost in the games with all their glory like a black hole, forgetting all your problems.

jenova_jeb
Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:16 AM
The characters and plots make it worth it every time.

Macceh^
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:14 AM
I couldn't say a common factor that makes me love FF games in general, though.. one reason being that I thought IX sucked.. but mainly because they are very different games.. besides being RPGs, having similar play aspects (worldmap, stuff like that) and all having chocobos, there isn't really all that much common about the games.

erm the games are alot more similar than you think, i mean look at them they all follow the same plot.

Group/goverment working with soem guy trying to take over/destroy the world then the guy screws them and you find he was really controlling them (i.e seph, kuja etc). Of course while this is going on a band of fighters are trying to stop them.

Now dont get me wrong i love ff's its simply because the character development and the emotion in playing through the amazing plot that makes me buy them.

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:58 AM
erm the games are alot more similar than you think, i mean look at them they all follow the same plot.

Yes FF7 and 9 are very similar.... But are all the other ones similar... Not really.

Lost_myth
Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:46 PM
2 me no 2 can be the same. Yeah, there are similarities between some of the ff games, but isn't there for any game/series?