PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne info

Ruby Moon
May 27th, 2002, 09:57 PM
This question is so plain and simple that may sound dumb, but I have my reasons to ask. It's for a gift I have to buy.
I'd like to know if Max Payne is a good game from the ones who played it. I'd be grateful if you tell me if there's something you didn't like in it and why, so I don't make mistakes :right:

Mercury Shadow
May 28th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Hey Ruby, I bought Max on the day of it's release and I was somehwta disappointed, yet the game was still real fun. The graphics aren't that great + there aren't too many cinematics, just people talking with comic strips on the screen. I also didn't like that between each chapter there are insanely impossible mazes! There are 3 in all. You'll have to look on the internet for how to beat 'em. My last complaint is that it's short. I beat this game in 3 days (maybe I just play too much?).

Of course I did like a lotta things about Max. There are a lotta real life weapons, and bullet time was sweet! The plot is also pretty cool, and it makes you wanna kill the bad guys.

I suggest you buy this game, but only used. It really is a good game, even though I had some gripes. ;)

Spank-A-Thon
May 28th, 2002, 07:13 AM
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to counter Merc on this one.

I bought Max Payne upon release for the PC after falling for the hype. And for the first few levels I thought it was great.... and thn apathy kicked in.

Bullet time was nothing more than a useless novelty. The game becomes obscenely repetitve. This coupled with 'samey' environments led to one of the dullest gaming experiences of my life. Awkward controls and moments of sheer frustration combined to make me consign this game to my 'Why the hell did I buy that?' drawer.

- S

Mercury Shadow
May 28th, 2002, 02:12 PM
I can see what ya mean Spank, I guess I'm just a sucker for a third person shooter involving mafia type people :D But I'd still say, rent it first and then buy it. It's quite cheap now.

Sword 4 Hire
May 28th, 2002, 04:45 PM
I though the bullet time was pretty fun at first...I remember I would be jumping around for no apparent reason...just because it was cool lol...the stories all right and the graphics aren't the best...but all in all I thought it was pretty good.

However after I beat it I had to play an uplifting FF to get me out of my depressed mode...cause trust me...that game is pretty dark...especially with those dream scenes...

Qjij_jijQ
May 28th, 2002, 05:00 PM
The only real cool thing about the game is the "matrix style" moves you can do...
Other than that, it's not extremely interestin' and it doesn't take a lot of time to complete...

I rented it once and I finished it the day after.

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
May 28th, 2002, 09:42 PM
When I played it on PC I thought it was very easy.Took me only a day to beat it and then I never tried the harder settings.:roll:

Pimp_Daddy507
May 29th, 2002, 12:06 AM
I have the PC version and I was also disappointed by the fact that the game wasn't fun. That is, aside from the bullet time and great AI. Other than that, dont waste your time unless your a hard-core shooting fanatic. Its worth a rent

MakgSnake
May 29th, 2002, 06:38 AM
I Dunno About All These Other People, But I Think MAXPAYNE Is One Hell Of An Amazing Game. At First I As Well Thought that The Bullet Time Action Would Get Repetetive, But Its FUN Stays Constant Through Out The GAME. It Has A Good Story.

Ok It Doesn't Have Cinematic But What A GREAT Sound And Voice Overs IT HAS. I Enjoyed The Game ALOT. And I Think It Introduced Something TOTALLY New To The Gaming World And Now GAMES Like "Dead To Rights" , "Good Cop Bad Cop" Are Coming Out (Trying To Be Like Max Payne)

Its A Great Action Game, And When U Get The Sniper Rifle, It's EFFECT Is Amazing. The Game Is Simply Way Too Stylish.

Ruby Moon, In My Opinion It Could Be A Perfect Gift For ANYONE. Unless He/She Hates ACTION Games.

Its Ure Choice Now..."In The End".

Uchiha Sasuke
May 29th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Played the game for the ps2 truthfully didnt think to much of it.I say you can find something better.

JC Denton
May 29th, 2002, 03:03 PM
its good for a renting game, because it is so short, but i found the gameplay addictive and the speed of play is excellent i thought the storyline was alright but i felt you were doing stuff for no reason at the beggining, spose thats alright though.
I wouldn't bother buying though, but certainly play it.