PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racer V

happy_doughnut
May 23rd, 2002, 10:10 PM
*ahem*
=quoting=
"‘Ridge Racer V’ is the best car game currently available on the PlayStation 2, but it seems to be just more of the same in terms of the gameplay.

Graphics- Slick looking cars and tracks that all look extremely impressive.

Sound- All sounds good, especially the cars.

Gameplay- Impressive handling and the usual powerslides but nothing really special or new.

Lifespan- Extremely addictive game with loads of secrets to unlock. Sadly not enough new
excitement that will make this a classic game that you can’t put down.

Overall- It is fun and exciting but a little disappointing. If you’re desperate to get a car game now then get it, but otherwise I’d wait because there are going to be some rippers coming out in the next few months.

Sound : 5
Graphics : 5
Replay Value : 4
Gameplay : 4
Overall : 5

Hmm...so, has anyone played this game? Is it good like they say it is or what?

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Though I've actually never played any Ridge Racer games, I think it's less better than the GT series. The graphics I heard were nice, but I think the car handling and other problems affected this game in some ways. Don't quote me on it, but I think that's what I read. However, Ridge Racer V should be a solid enough game, so you should check it out. :)

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 10:08 AM
i was never into racing games.

Hadoken
May 27th, 2002, 11:27 PM
this game is fairly decent.
graphics arent exactly the best, and the arcade style driving can take a bit to get used to. but its still decent.

Indrid Cold
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:02 PM
I know lots of racing games.. But i dont know that game!