PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:23 PM
My fave Strat. game ever!! hands down. I still play that game to this day to beef up my record.... I made a new name and i'm 92-11. I like to play Shared Zero Clutter... If anyone here wants to play with me, give me a PM!

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7
My fave Strat. game ever!! hands down. I still play that game to this day to beef up my record.... I made a new name and i'm 92-11. I like to play Shared Zero Clutter... If anyone here wants to play with me, give me a PM! thank you god i have finally have met a starcrat fan i would like to get online but i will have to get the game i will try to get it.

Qjij_jijQ
May 24th, 2002, 09:14 PM
What ? You don't have that game yet ?!?

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
What ? You don't have that game yet ?!? nope what are you going to hit me with a leadpipe or something?

Qjij_jijQ
May 26th, 2002, 07:34 AM
You leave me no other choice... :laugh:

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
aha i got a leadpipe to so it will be a battle.

Qjij_jijQ
May 27th, 2002, 02:30 PM
A battle to the death indeed...

Beretta55
May 27th, 2002, 08:41 PM
okay then bring it.

Qjij_jijQ
May 27th, 2002, 09:01 PM
It has already been brought pal ! You're done for !

Oyépolomi !!

Beretta55
May 27th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
It has already been brought pal ! You're done for !

Oyépolomi !!
thats it (takes out two bats) if you fight me i will kill you off in the story hehe.

Qjij_jijQ
May 28th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Argh ! Okay then, you win...

Neo_Soldier28
May 29th, 2002, 11:20 AM
I play starcraft and the expansion and i was damn good at it too but now im on to bigger and better things like counter strike, empire earth, day of defeat v2.1 and firearms, diablo 2 ect.

Pimp_Daddy507
May 29th, 2002, 11:03 PM
I think ill stick with Yuris Revenge, a much more better game

Neo_Soldier28
May 30th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Yea Yuri's Revenge is a really sweet game too one of the greats in the command and conquere series.

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
No strat. game beats SC IMO... SC is the most popular, and has great Use Map Settings games.... Such as FF7 RPG, MGS RPG, SCV Football, Golems, ect...

Beretta55
Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:59 AM
that is true.

Neo_Soldier28
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:03 AM
The one thing about star craft is that it is too repetitive i played the game forever and then i took like a 8 month break and when i went to play it again the games were still the same there was no new twist on them and it just got ot repetitive but im thinkin about starting it up again.

Beretta55
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
The one thing about star craft is that it is too repetitive i played the game forever and then i took like a 8 month break and when i went to play it again the games were still the same there was no new twist on them and it just got ot repetitive but im thinkin about starting it up again. if you dont give the game another try i will beat you up jk jk:laugh: or i will haunt you in your sleep:ghost:

Neo_Soldier28
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:26 PM
LOL just bring it lol anytime i just got sick of playing it after playing it for a year and a half to two years it just got boring.

Beretta55
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:38 PM
thats ture but its still a great game though.

RufusFF7
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:57 PM
LOL just bring it lol anytime i just got sick of playing it after playing it for a year and a half to two years it just got boring.

LOL, a year and a half to 2 years is a lot of frickin' gameplay... Of course your gonna get sick of it.... i sort of know what u mean by the repetitiveness of the game... But i'm always trying to devise new strategies in Melee... and repetiveness isn't a problem if ya go online and play some Use Map Settings games... Some ppl are good map makers.

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Do you all consider yourselves 'experts' at Starcraft ?

Beretta55
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:46 PM
just for that i will hit you in the face with a miami friggin slugger!!!!! jk jk:laugh:

RobHardo
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:42 PM
dude i will play with ya if your ever on add me to your friend's list my screen name is [aK]Gundampilot

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Starcraft!? pshhh.........hahaha........borrrrriiiiiinnnnngggg gg:laugh:

anyone up for a good game of Ra2:Yr though?

Beretta55
Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
pimp play starcraft its best command and conquer is alright but once you go starcraft you never go back *i fall out of my chair laughing* stupid i know but i had to say it:laugh:

RobHardo
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:10 AM
Baretta took the words right out of my mouth, I totally agree with him

RobHardo
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:45 AM
I too am a Star Craft player. I like Use Map settings but I still like good ole' melee battle

ssjtrunks13
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
I've only played a demo and was planning on getting it. I don't know when, though.

sk8er_kyle
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:38 PM
I have starcraft. I'm not too good and I dont go on often. My starcraft name is Sk8er_Kyle (I think). I'll play any one that wants to play me.:ghost:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:06 PM
If you're as good as you say you are I'd be glad to play with you, after I get it first.

synicalgohan91
May 20th, 2003, 04:42 PM
i would have agree with u i have played and beat all of them that i could have gotten my hands on. One thing i will always do is use the terrans. i used the protoss a few times, but the terrans are my favorite

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I played starcraft, it wasnt that good. I played C&C red alert? and its one of the greatest strats out there.
Exept for the fact they keep on talking about Canada in a funny but offensive way at times, like 1 or 2ice but thats not the case...that tanya girl was the only reason to why i played the campaign witht he good dudes.;)

BlackThornn
Jun 18th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Red Alert was...okay, IMO. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the better RTS games to grace the gamer world, but StarCraft is just as good, if not a little bit better because of tactics diversity.

The problem with in my experience ALL C&C games is that the games devolve into slugfests after a while, with whoever can muster the greatest force of tanks and/or air cover being victorious. StarCraft has this problem in the beginning, but not so much near the end of a game, when rescources run low but are stockpiled in players' accounts. Talented players can utilize SC's high octane units and tear apart rushes with ease while smaller or just more diverse forces of theirs crush an opponent's base.

Of course, this all depends on who you play and the average player. Right now (I just TRIED playing StarCraft for some nostalgia a couple of weeks ago, online) the SC gaming community is overrun with, pardon my slightly racist overtones (I'm really not) cheating koreans & quebeqois, and arrogant Americans who seem to be mostly unintelligent and incapable of playing a fun, fair game. While C&C (Generals) has possibly the highest by-volume content of whiners out there. Occasionally you will find a gem though! Forge a team game where roles are really assigned and cover is given. Just a couple of nights ago I played a great game that must have lasted an hour (on the fastest speed setting. Phew! Why do people have to play so fast!?) where I played American and concentrated almost entirely on Air power and small forces of infantry to garrison lookouts, while my allies concentrated on Land armies consisting of tanks and infantry (One was Chinese, the other American). Our opponents played similarly, and I actually caught myself staring instead of fighting as huge tank armies clashed in the middle of a city while infantry took up positions in civillian buildings and Raptors and Migs crisscrossed the sky overhead delivering their payloads.

Heh. Actually that's at least one more aspect SC is at a disadvantage; Graphics. WAY outdated. *laughs* Though I do remember a few points of "Cooooooooool" when I first played the game, visualwise.

blindman
Jun 18th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Theres something Starcraft doesnt have that CC does and does good.
The way you can control any country's army, i mean you have an army at your finger tips. Its also fun to see all the slaughter around the battle field when you play...well not slaughter for there is not too much for blood.
Its also the style, CC has the most amazing style (graphics, designs) at least a bit better than starcraft. Dont get me wrong, i like starcraft, for what it does it does well. I mean it was developed by Blizzard! i recognize the BLIZZARD logo for its multiplayer.
By the way..has anyone played NOX?

BlackThornn
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Nox bit, it was DiabloII lite.