PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross, Xenogears, or Vagrant Story

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
I never played any of them, which one of these PSOne Classics should i play first?? Is Vagrant Story even worth my time?

AsylumEscapee
May 23rd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Xenogears, no contest.

IcyMourdor
May 23rd, 2002, 03:56 PM
I liked all three, but i think you should go with Chrono Cross right now.

Sword 4 Hire
May 23rd, 2002, 04:05 PM
If your big into story lines and what not then XENOGEARS!!! My favorite game of all time, I'm almost through with it and it's been quite a trip to say the least.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
I dunno if i'll ever get around to playing VS... But XG and CC i hafta play!

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 08:22 PM
if they are all cheap get them all hahahahaha.

Sword 4 Hire
May 24th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Rufus have you played Chrono Trigger?

Infernal Mass
May 24th, 2002, 11:49 PM
I'm currently playing my way thru Chrono Cross right now, the game is truly a masterpiece. I highly recommend it. Vagrant Story is another great game. It would be tough for me to choose which is better of the two.

Sartori
May 25th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Xeno :)

I play it once every year.....maybe more than once sometimes....XD!

*wishes Xenosaga localization would finish soon*

jenova_jeb
May 25th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Chrono Cross. It's my second favorite game of all time.

RufusFF7
May 26th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Rufus have you played Chrono Trigger?

Yes i have... I've seen 2 endings

Sword 4 Hire
May 26th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Then yeah...Chrono Cross would be a good bet...but Xenogears is just so awesome!

The Boondock Saint
May 27th, 2002, 11:20 AM
well, let's analyze which game you might like more...

Chrono Cross- first off, great game. if you loved Trigger, then definitely play this one sometime... soon! has one of the best scores EVER and around 40 playable characters... (i still don't have them all). has a tropical feeling world and a pretty deep storyline. Drawback= no chrono...

Vagrant Story- another great game. VERY dark world, story, characters and undertones. one of my favorite villians ever and an endlessly deep combat and armor customization system. beautiful cinematic style that relies mostly on in-game graphics... truly a great adventure. drawback= most of the time is spent in "dungeons".

Xenogears- arguably the best rpg EVER. it has a very long first play-through (it took me around 100 hours just to advance the story all the way. it has giant mechs and likable characters. the story gets a little preachy on life and its meaning and carries some serious religious messages. i recommend it highly. drawback= a little confusing at first...

*note=all of these games are very highly recommended, but you need to just go with whichever one you WANT to play. i hope i helped...

Sephiroth
May 29th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Rufus as a member of Shinra Inc. that you should play first is Chrono Cross, 2. Xenogears, 3. Xenosaga, 4. Vagrant Story. Trust me I've played all but Xenosaga and this is my opinion on the order that you should play these games to get the full feel of all of them

RufusFF7
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:31 PM
That's not a bad idea... I'll play CC, then play Xenogears until Xenosaga somes out... Then i'll get that and maybe finish it all up with VS.

Hadoken
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:15 AM
XENO!! XENO!!! XENO!!! XENOO!!!! XENO!!! XENO!!! XENO!
XENOGEARS!!!
blah, dammit, too much party music. lol