PDA

View Full Version : Akira

Neo_Soldier28
May 21st, 2002, 11:39 AM
I finally saw it this last weekend and i would have to say that it is an unbelievable movie, i am speechless all i can say is WOW. Has anyone else seen it and what do you think about it.

merylsilverburg
May 21st, 2002, 12:30 PM
I haven't seen the re-mastered version, but a loong time ago, I saw the old version, but I didn't exactly finish watching it. I got bored by the guy (Akira?) riding the motorcycle, so I just stopped it. :P And back then, I wasn't into the whole "futuristic" thing, so I wasn't interested. However, I am planning on seeing it one of these days....

Neo_Soldier28
May 21st, 2002, 12:39 PM
O ok that isn't akira i thought it was too but no and once it gets goin its unbelievable akira is a kid kinda thing that comes back and is only in the movie for like 5 minutes and he is gone but that movie is the best.

Cannibal Clown
May 21st, 2002, 03:30 PM
I'm glad you apprteaciated it as much as I did. I also have to say that I love the movie. I personally think that it is one of the greatest movies ever made, animated or real life. The story is wicked, and the plot is so freaken confusing that I'm still not exactly sure what happens at the end.

The battle scenes are very cool, and not as unbelievable as most animes tend to be. This is very realistic, and the way tetsuo is always getting pissed and blowing sh*t up is really cool.

This is a must see for any anime fan out there.

MADRUCKIS
May 26th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Hey
I agree with CC. This is the movie hat opened me up to anime in the first place.

*note to self-buy Akira special ed. on dvd