PDA

View Full Version : MGS2: Substance INFO revealed

Killuminati
May 21st, 2002, 10:22 AM
www.gamespot.com

u'll find it there.

MGS2:Substance is the real version of MGS2.
U can play as Snake in the Plant and as Raiden in the tanker if u want..........also has 200+ VR Missions and Snake Tales(Seperate adventures where u control Snake) also has Ninja missions, Pliskin missions, and alot of other bonus stuff

**** im excited

MakgSnake
May 21st, 2002, 04:59 PM
Oh My God I AM GOing Crazy , OH My GOD I Am GOING Crazy, Completely!!!

U Have Five NEW Story Lines For SNAKE Only............ANd Can U Believe When I SAY That U Can Play As RAIDEN In The Tanker Chapter.!!!

Well....This Game CONTAINS MOre Gameplay Then Story, But Still Damn I AM GOING Crazy

Kojima Says In His Interveiw That THIS Is The REAL Metal Gear Solid...Like Xiliphore Mentioned----Great NEWS Man. THANKS!!!! :D

But Things Do Sound Like, As If Its Going For A Process For Xbox And PC First ANd PS2 Later.....SOmething Like That!.! No WAIT Its coming For XBOX First. IN NOV 2002...And ... Ps2 And PC Dates Are Not EVEN Mentioned! :(

So We PLay AS NINJA As Well.............Finally There Is Something To TALK About Now In This Place... This Forum Seemed A Little Dry FOr Few WEEKS...But I Guess That Wont Be The CASE ANYMORE!

By The Way..... A Substance VIDEO Trailer Will Be Showed In THIS Years E3.....CANT Wait For THAT NOW!

Uchiha Sasuke
May 21st, 2002, 06:37 PM
Man this is going to be a real winner.Definatley going to have to pick it up.As for the game going to xbox,who cares if we have to wait we all know the xbox version of the game wont do as well as the ps2 version.

Harry
May 21st, 2002, 07:18 PM
I'm excited too, but I don't like 100% the news from Kojima... MGS2 was great because it was a courageous game, in any sense... Substance seems to me like something they were forced to do for market reason - you know, it seems like Kojima is not convinced of his choices in MGS2 after the critics he has received for the introduction of Raiden...

And also the fact that the game goes to Xbox before PC and Ps2... this stinks of Microsoft's $$$.

But maybe that's just me, I'm surely the only one to think in this way, and I should just be happy to play this new version.

AsylumEscapee
May 21st, 2002, 10:49 PM
As I posted elsewhere:

"Oh yeah, when you bought MGS2, I didnt feel like giving you a bunch of features. So if you want them, you have to put up with Xbox fans getting it first and then youll have to buy the whole game again."

I JUST GOT MGS2
Edit By MakgSnake
You Can Post Ure Opinions About Video Game Companies But Cant Use Harsh Words For Them Over Here.

MakgSnake
May 22nd, 2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Harry
Substance seems to me like something they were forced to do for market reason -
Well Harry, I Am Half Way With You, Cause U Are Right About What U Said. But I Think....There Could Be Other Reasons Too.

I Agree With U, With Kojima Adding 200 VR Missions And 100 Just Mission Based Missions To Satisfy People Who Complained For More GamePlay.

But Kojima Did Mentioned Before That Last June, He Thought That THE Game Wont Be Completed In The YEAR He Wanted It To Be (2001, Year OF The Snake) .... And Thats Why They Increased The Team Members...From 40 To 70 And That Could Be One Of The Reasons, He Didnt Include Snake's Part Of The Game In "Sons Of Liberty" And Thought Of This BACK Then That He'll Release Another Version.....Through Which He Could Get Some More $$$, And At The Same Time.......After Hearing THe Critics, He Thought Of Adding More GAMEPLAY.......

But....I Guess All This Is My Assumptions.....So What The Heck.. :D
But He Keeps On Saying That "This Is The Real MGS2".......Wonder Why? :peoples:

merylsilverburg
May 22nd, 2002, 01:49 PM
Holy sh*t!!!!! Oh man.....I think I'm having a heart attack....*faints* Dear God....I cannot WAIT for this now! At first, I thought it was just going to be the same thing, but now.....! XD

And yes, I do agree with you Harry.....that maybe Kojma-san wanted to satisfy the consumers who bought MGS2 and complained. But, I also agree with Makg on his assumptions and ideas.....but, well, I guess we won't ever know what he was thinking.

But, wait...I have a question: If MGS2:Substance is supposed to have entirely new features and is almost like a whole new game, then why hasn't some of this info been revealed in some mags? Maybe it's a dumb question, I'm sorry....:P

MakgSnake
May 22nd, 2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I have a question: If MGS2:Substance is supposed to have entirely new features and is almost like a whole new game, then why hasn't some of this info been revealed in some mags? Maybe it's a dumb question, I'm sorry....:P
Well I Have Been Totally OUT Of Touch FROM New MAGS... So I Dont Know If MAGs Have Given Any Info ON Substance Or Not..... But I Think This News Is A LITTLE Too New Right Now, Probably By NEXT Issues It'll Be There On Mags "HEADLINES"...

Kojima Is Showing A NEW Trailer OF The Substance In This YEAR's E3!.! I Cant WAIT To Download That GEM!!! He Said That PEOPLE Are Gonna Laugh ALOT While Watching The New Substance's Trailer!

Uchiha Sasuke
May 22nd, 2002, 05:01 PM
Well its going to incorporate some new dialouge from what i heard.Cause theres that whole thing where you can play as different characters in the different chapters.I expect some more story from the MGS universe maybe some things we didnt see in the original MGS2

MakgSnake
May 22nd, 2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
I expect some more story from the MGS universe maybe some things we didnt see in the original MGS2
Thats Exactly What I Am Looking For TOO. More STORY, More Life History OF Solid Snake. THats All I Wanna Know.

And I Am Sure, Many Other Fans Wants To Know The Same Thing, But Kojima Did Mention That, This Isn't The Director's Cut Or Anything, Its Giving The Consumer More GAMEPLAY.

Still I Think, IT WILL or Should Have Story Elements TOO!

Killuminati
May 22nd, 2002, 07:41 PM
http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs2_sub/english/index.html

officialy MGS2:S site.

even more screens than IGN and Gamespot have.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 11:23 AM
I can't wait for this amazing game, I just hope that the PS2 version comes out at the same time as the Xbox version does, (sometime in november) 100 alternative missions, 200 vr missions, casting theatre and boss survival, Snake through the WHOLE game, tons of alternative costumes, the ninja...god, there's just so much extra stuff to do!!

THANK YOU MR. KOJIMA!!!

and btw, I posted a topic here that includes the trailer to the game, check it out ^_^