PDA

View Full Version : Picking Up MGS2:S

MakgSnake
May 17th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Well, We Know That Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance Is Coming Out. And Its Gonna Have Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty And Vr Missions.

So Are U Actually Gonna Pick That Game Up From The Shelves? Cause Mostly Everyone Have MGS2, And Probably Has Played MGS1... And Vr Missions As Well.

So Are U Gonna Buy It Still. I Would But I Am A BIG Fan, Would A Normal Gamer Buy This Extra Stuff??

Pu the Owl
May 17th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I think a normal gamer, especially the one who has all this stuff in a different edition, wouldn't buy it. I think a normal player would get a different game instead of getting this new special edition of MGS games. But this doesn't count for big fans: they get every special edition released by Konami :D

And I think it's the same be for special editions of other games. Special editions are made for:
1- People who don't own the games yet and they want to play them all.
2- For big fans of the series.

Other would find it interesting, but they will probably spend their money in a different way...

MakgSnake
May 18th, 2002, 08:03 AM
I Agree On That, But My Question Was Also "Would U Buy It Still"......The One Who Is Posting A Reply! :roll:

I Think Everyone Should Get A Copy Of MGS2:S, Cause We Get To See, MGS1 In MGS2 Graphics.......Common, Thats An Amazing Treat Now!

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Man o man....I would love to get it, but I'm low on money. Also, I'm not sure if I would get the games all over again. I mean, I've already got MGS1, MGS2, and MGS2 Jap. version, so even though I'm a huge fan....I'm not sure I would get it. :P Yes, yes, I decieved you, Makg. :D j/k

Uchiha Sasuke
May 19th, 2002, 06:03 PM
I just have to say this is a must have for any mgs fan.Im going to make sure im one of the first to get it.

merylsilverburg
May 19th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Ah, what the hell? I'll try to get one when it comes out. :cool:

AsylumEscapee
May 22nd, 2002, 12:57 AM
I think konami screwed their fans on this one.

As ive posted many times:
i just got MG2 and im a bit pissed. Its like they sold me an incompleate version of the game, and if i want the full game, im going to have to buy it again.

MakgSnake
May 22nd, 2002, 02:51 AM
AsylumEscapee Thats Strategy To Get More Money I Guess......Thats What They Are Gonna Think.........And There Could Be Other Reasons Too!.!

But ...... Whatever Happened To MGS1...Remake........Kojima Didn't Mention Anything About That In His INTERVIEW!.!

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Of course I'm going to buy this, all of the extras and secret characters are going to be well worth the money spent on the game! The only real concern I ave is re-collecting all of those dogtags. I'm hoping that you can use your original MGS2 data for the main MGS2 game in Substance, because I am NOT going to collect every single dogtag again -_- ^_~

but yes, I am going to buy this game the second it comes out, I'm gonna camp outside my local Electronics Boutique till it comes out (which may be awhile o.o)

merylsilverburg
May 24th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Esjay
Of course I'm going to buy this, all of the extras and secret characters are going to be well worth the money spent on the game! The only real concern I ave is re-collecting all of those dogtags. I'm hoping that you can use your original MGS2 data for the main MGS2 game in Substance, because I am NOT going to collect every single dogtag again -_- ^_~

but yes, I am going to buy this game the second it comes out, I'm gonna camp outside my local Electronics Boutique till it comes out (which may be awhile o.o)

Kojima-san said that MGS2 will be included in Substance, but you don't have to play it again in order to enjoy the extra stuff, like "Snake's Tales" or "VR Missions". And yes, it's going to be for a while.....I don't think you want to camp out until Winter. ;)

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 08:26 PM
But also, you may have to do certain tasks in the main game to unlock the alternate costumes and characters (Ninja). I wouldn't mind beating the game again, just please don't make me collect the tags again (I got all but 2 of the tags on my first playthrough on Extreme...it's very frustrating having to go through the whole game again just to get 2 measly dog tags) I can't wait for this game!! But...this is what we should have got instead of 'original' MGS2 imo