PDA

View Full Version : Ico: did you like it?

Hylas
May 15th, 2002, 06:08 PM
I think this game is amazing! I don't know if many people here played it or not, but I suggest to the ones who are looking for a good game to get this one!
I like the atmosphere and everything in it looks so mysterious and fanciful. and most of all it's a very original game, not a fantasy game, not RPG, but with atmoshperes really similar to the ones of RPGs and fantasy game. Kinda reminded me of the first time I've played Zelda some years ago...

Sleazy P Martini
May 15th, 2002, 06:17 PM
I found it kind of slow. Nice graphics though.

jenova_jeb
May 15th, 2002, 07:31 PM
It's fun. That's what I'm playing right now. I haven't gotten real far though, so I'm not sure what I'll think of it by the time I'm done with it. So far it seems like a great game.

Mercury Shadow
May 15th, 2002, 07:52 PM
for the answer... just look at my avatar :D It's an excellent game, and Ico kinda reminded me of Link as well. The relationship between Yorda and Ico is excellent, and the graphics and puzzles are both inovative and amazing. The only bad part was the battles between Ico and the spirits... but then again, this isnt an action title, it's an adventure/puzzle.

Beretta55
May 15th, 2002, 10:01 PM
i never played it so can anyone tell me what it was like?

MakgSnake
May 16th, 2002, 01:33 PM
I Loved Every Second Of It. Its One Of The Most Amazing Games To Hit The Ps2 Console. Simply Stunning.

And Please Dont Play This Game Like A Maniac, And Finish It In Few Hours. Take Ure Time. Check The Envoirments And The Lush Graphics....Its A Beautiful Game. Just Do Some Observation While Playing It And U'll Love It As Much As I Do. :)

merylsilverburg
May 16th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I Loved Every Second Of It. Its One Of The Most Amazing Games To Hit The Ps2 Console. Simply Stunning.

And Please Dont Play This Game Like A Maniac, And Finish It In Few Hours. Take Ure Time. Check The Envoirments And The Lush Graphics....Its A Beautiful Game. Just Do Some Observation While Playing It And U'll Love It As Much As I Do. :)

I agree. I love ICO so much....the entire enviroment is so absolutely stunning, beautiful, and mysterious and the sunlight...man.....it makes me so sad when I see it, because it almost represents freedom and happier times, but Ico and Yorda are still imprisoned in the castle. The music is also terrific too. I got the soundtrack and I'm very pleased. :) Anyway, I finished the game in three days and while I did actually took the time to look at everything, for some reason, I still was able to finish it fairly quickly.

Pu the Owl
May 17th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Ico is the typical case in which you don't really care if the game is a long one or not, as it happened to me also with Shadow of Destiny.

Sword 4 Hire
May 17th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I found it kind of slow. Nice graphics though.

I agree...I thought it was a beautiful game and very innovative...but it got too boring. I mean I would always run into those gay spirits and while I would fight em I'd lose the blind chick...I'd walk a few steps and BAM shes gona again...I hated having to take responsibility for her...it just got boring...find your own way out I say! lol

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
I mean I would always run into those gay spirits and while I would fight em I'd lose the blind chick...I'd walk a few steps and BAM shes gona again...I hated having to take responsibility for her...it just got boring...find your own way out I say! lol

The spirits were only put into the game to bring some excitement and danger, otherwise people would consider it too boring. I mean, after all, it's supposed to be more of a puzzle game, than an action/adventure. Also, Yorda is not blind. Why do people say that? I've read numerous magazines where everyone is asking "Is Yorda blind?" Well, the answer is 'no'. When you leave her alone in a garden or something, she begins to look around and look at her arm or play with the birds sometimes, so that proves she isn't blind. She's just a helpless chick who depends on someone to help guide her. The whole point of the game is taking responsibility of her and helping her escape the castle, along with Ico. Yeah, she got pretty annoying at times, but I found it challenging trying to look after her. But, if I was a guy, I really wouldn't want to go out with a chick that dependent on me. :P

Sword 4 Hire
May 18th, 2002, 03:16 PM
I agree...if there weren't any spirits then it would've gotten really boring...but if I'm gonna be fending off a dozen or so enemies...give me a character who can actually fight! I also agree that the puzzles were made interesting while you were looking after her...but when you would finally solve the puzzle...or come close to it...she's disappeared...and it makes you so mad! I couldn't stand the frustration...Ico wasn't my cup o tea

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
I agree...if there weren't any spirits then it would've gotten really boring...but if I'm gonna be fending off a dozen or so enemies...give me a character who can actually fight!

I think they were trying to make Ico a normal boy who doesn't have any skills or magic. I'd say this is the first game I've ever played where the main character is actually....normal. I mean, if I was a little boy (with horns :peoples: ) who was just taken captive and never knew how to fight....I would be in despair. Hell, I think Ico did a pretty good job fending off those damn spirits. I wouldn't be able to do that even with a sword or stick. Besides....fighting those spirits are easier once you find the secret weapon....;)

Sword 4 Hire
May 18th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Well I never got to the secret weopon so oh well...Ico was ok...but he coulda been cooler, like instead of horns he had a dragon's tail, or maybe a frogs tongue or something cooler, or that would at least help me out in battle. I mean I would do the one combo with a stick...and then get knocked down after my combo was finished...and then repeat...I like wider varieties of fighting when playing games like these.

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Yeah, if you didn't have a stick or something, you were able to use his horns to fight the spirits, but what's that going to do? 2% of damage? Ah, well, I still love ICO anyway. This game isn't for everyone so....:) The secret weapon, btw, is a mace. It fights so much more better than the stick or the sword. Two or three swipes and the spirits are gone. :D