PDA

View Full Version : Haven't you noticed....

Pu the Owl
May 14th, 2002, 08:34 PM
....that some episodes of very famous series are not as well drawn and animated as the other ones?
I mean: for a marketing matter the greatest part of anime series must be at least 26 episodes, and this cause that some episodes are completely secondary and not so much important for the main plot. I've noticed that in secondary episodes it often happens that both animation and drawing are worse than in other episodes of the same series. Especially in Trigun I've seen this thing happening, but not only in Trigun, also in Evangelion and in other VERY famous series. I wonder if it happens because the main staff leaves the secondary episodes to be developed by another less important staff, or because they simply create rushed episodes to complete the series... Do you have ideas?

merylsilverburg
May 14th, 2002, 10:39 PM
I totally agree with you! I've noticed this in a LOT of series I've been watching...the longest being Sailormoon, but uh...who watches that anymore? :heh: So, I'll use Rurouni Kenshin as my example. There are many secondary episodes that are completely rushed-looking and extremely not well drawn, and they are the secondary episodes. My thoughts is that they leave the secondary episodes to another staff and also rushed it to finish the series. I'm not sure if anyone here seen the anime The Big O, but for some strange reason....I've never found any of these flaws in this series. It's only 13 episodes so far, but there are even some secondary episodes, but they don't look so bad. I guess, sometimes the main staff are lazy too, so they leave the secondary ep. to the other staff, just so they won't have to draw such superb drawings for these "measley" episodes. :sarcasm:

Pu the Owl
May 14th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Maybe when the series is really short like The Big O they have more time to get it completed and they take their time even with secondary episodes.

merylsilverburg
May 14th, 2002, 10:45 PM
True, but I heard that The Big O has a total of 26 episodes already completed, but not yet licensed. So...I'm not sure what's going on....but for Cowboy Bebop....there aren't any bad ones. Is it something about the company, Sunrise, because The Big O is also from Sunrise.... o_O;;;

Rei
May 16th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Yeah, this is true, because anime industry needs a certain lenght for each series, so developers need to fill blank spaces. Sometimes this ruins the whole series :(
Some very long series become repetitive for this reason, because blank spaces are filled with the repetition of the same scheme again and again, some others are not so great when it comes to animation.