Infernal Mass
May 10th, 2002, 08:57 PM
http://orochi182.homestead.com/files/mkda1.jpg

http://orochi182.homestead.com/files/mkda2.jpg

http://orochi182.homestead.com/files/mkda3.jpg

happy_doughnut
May 10th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Oh this game is going to be good!
The graphics look great. Also, they've said that the playablility in this game will be better than the ones before. I always found the combos hard to execute but I can't wait to get my little paws on it.
Hmm...was that a shot of your PSM mag??

BTW: Ken is better :laugh:

Mercury Shadow
May 10th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Your right Mena, some MK combos in the past have been real tough to pull off, but some are really worth it!! like kick ass fatalities.... (starts drooling) oh man, I used to love doing those. That's a problem a lotta fighters have, the coolest moves are always near impossible to do. Fighters are fast paced games, who has time to pull off P,P,K,B,L1,L1,R1,R1,P,B,left,right,up,up,P well, you get my point.

and back to MK: DA... this game will be amazing, it will amaze another generation of blood thirsty kids (like I was when MK2 came out) and us older guys and gals will get some good ol' nostalgia of what fighting games should really be about :D well, atleast that's my opinion.

Infernal Mass
May 11th, 2002, 12:04 AM
I got the screens from another board. Hey did you see Kung Lao? ..he's back! that was my favorite character of the series.XD
it's weird though... Shao Khan, was supposed to have killed him in part three.:confused:

Anyways..the fighting system this time around sounds interesting..you'll be able to switch stance/styles in the middle of fighting.Like Jacky in VF4 or Haowrang(sp?) in Tekken.Add in the use of weapons and this game sounds too good to be true :shock: ..also i thought it was a good call to not include the other "alities".I guess they're trying to set a certain tone for this new one.

p.s.
hey Mena, one word....Blanka!

http://www.ps2nn.com/ubb/avatars/Blanka.gif:laugh:

Mercury Shadow
May 11th, 2002, 01:01 PM
There's gonna be weapons in this MK?

happy_doughnut
May 11th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing. I didn't know about that. But if there are, then it's going to make the game even better.
I'm glad they took out the Babalities (sp?) Those were kind of dumb in my opinion :disturb:

*ahem*
Noooo....KEN!!

Capoeira
May 11th, 2002, 01:56 PM
See that's what bothered me in MK 4, the weapons. Mortal Kombat should be about old fashioned hand to hand combat fighting.

Infernal Mass
May 11th, 2002, 02:35 PM
yeah check out scorpion in third page..

Mercury Shadow
May 12th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Mena
[FONT=century gothic]
I'm glad they took out the Babalities (sp?) Those were kind of dumb in my opinion :disturb:

[FONT]

Yeah, I agree, and the friendships.

MakgSnake
May 12th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Mortal Kombat Rules When It Comes To Fighting Games.....Only Tekken4 Comes in The way. But Still........Mortal Kombat Brought It New Style In Fighting Games. Like Said Before By Other Members......The Fatalities And Babalities And Animalities And Everything.........They All Are Always Mind Blowing. I Hope They Get Some New Things In It Too.....!......

Mortal Kombat Rules Eh!

Qjij_jijQ
May 12th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I think Mortal Kombat is a good game, but I have to say that I prefer Street Fighter by far ! This game is more my style :D

MADRUCKIS
May 12th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Hmpff
can't wait. This freakin game is gonna be good. The makers are trying to lure a brand new audience along with fans of the original series.
Yeah man, Weapons, Stance switching, and fatalities all in 3d. You should see Scorpions sick sword slicing someone like salami slices. (oh crap, try to say that fast 6 times, lol)
The blood pours out by the ounces and juggling combos are easier to do. This games gonna bring back the franchise!

MADRUCKIS
May 12th, 2002, 05:41 PM
oh yeah, one more small detail

Sub zero's back with and without his mask. I heard ice forms around his hands and arms while fighting and burst off when he decks you, hah ha. Tell me thats not sick.
Also a great addition-battle damage!
Your clothes rip during some attacks and your fighter can bruise in his/her arms and face during the scuffle. So you can win a fight but still walk away with a black eye, lol
too badd they don't carry on to the next fight

Infernal Mass
May 12th, 2002, 10:46 PM
:shock: those details you mentioned about Sub Zero sound very impressive.

happy_doughnut
May 13th, 2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
I think Mortal Kombat is a good game, but I have to say that I prefer Street Fighter by far ! This game is more my style :D

Yes Qjij! Street Fighter is the king of ALL fighting games! I luv em! What can I say, they're just more me...

Those are some very interesting details Mad! Sub Zero has always been my fav. from the MK series and I'm glad to know that he has returned! You're right though, it's a shame you can't carry your bruises onto the next rounds. That would definitely be a great innovation!

Mercury Shadow
May 13th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Mena

Yes Qjij! Street Fighter is the king of ALL fighting games! I luv em! What can I say, they're just more me...

I think the Top 3 fighting games that I've really been into are 1. Virtua Fighter 4 2. Mortal Kombat II 3. Street Fighter II

And also, when they say the characters have weapons, does it just mean a weapon like Scorpians spear like snake that he shoots out? ya know, the one that he shoots out and gets you and says "get over here!" oh man, thats classic. I wonder if the people will be carrying their weapons every second like Soul Calibur, or just bust them out when they need to use em?