PDA

View Full Version : What is ff10 international?

ChronoSquall
May 8th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Any ideas? o_O.

IcyMourdor
May 8th, 2002, 09:03 PM
It's basically just a remake of FFX. It has a different sphere grid and some other extras. Nothing else is different in the story or the other systems.

ChronoSquall
May 8th, 2002, 09:05 PM
maybe it will extend the ending so the argument about what happened at the vary end can fily end :P.

Infernal Mass
May 8th, 2002, 10:01 PM
The recently released Final Fantasy X International includes a bonus DvD. "Otherside of the Final Fantasy 2" Included on this disc is "Eien no Nagi-setsu" ("Eternal Calm") ,subtitled:"Final Fantasy X: Another Story."..the question has been asked "is this an epilogue... or a prologue?"
The content of this nearly 15-minute "epilogue" raises new questions and concerns and introduces new characters and factions that offer no sort of "resolution". It also seems unlikely that Square would've reunited a large portion of the voice cast solely for an "extra" epilogue in an alternative. Could Square be planning the first direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game in the series' history?

======

I have the transcript from the entire epilogue/prologue if anyone wants to read it just let me know and i'll post it.It's translated directly from the Japanese version of FFX international.
There's a few more extras in the game besides the sphere grid also,Some of which include Dark Aeons that you can challange.They are Dark versions of all the Aeons you get in the game(Valefor,Ixion,Ifrit..etc.) They are supposed to be tough too.Also there's a new fiend that's supposed to be extremly difficult named Penance.He shows up once you've defeat all the Dark Aeons i think.

ChronoSquall
May 9th, 2002, 10:34 AM
post it :P

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 01:21 PM
all this stuff happens 2 years after the end of FFX>

Could square be planning a direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game for the first time in the series' history? Read the transcript & judge for yourself.

**spoilers below
=========

Eternal Calm - Final fantasty X: Another Story

---
Scene 1 - Besaid Beach
---

(Sounds of surfacing, gasps of breath)

Yuna(thinking):--two minutes, forty one seconds--a new high!

(Wakka runs onto Besaid beach and yells to Yuna)

Wakka: Yuna! C'mon!

Yuna: Be right there!

(Close up on Wakka. He crosses his hands and sighs contentedly.)

Wakka: Pretty good at holding your breath now, ya?

Yuna(laughing): Not as good as you!

Wakka: Yeah, well, I haven't even practiced recently.

Yuna(jokingly): You sure look it.

(Embarrassed by his spare tire, Wakka brings his hand to his forehead.)

Wakka: Eh--ah...

Yuna: It's not like you're the one having the baby!

(Wakka turns, sighs, and runs off, leaving Yuna alone on the beach.)

(Yuna turns towards the beach and thinks to herself)

Yuna(thinking): It's been two whole years since then. I can hold my breath for two whole minutes now. It takes more than just physical strength, there's a few tricks to it that you need to figure out--I didn't understand when it was explained in words, but after a lot of practice I finally got it.

Yuna(thinking): I'd never thought there was any kind of trick to it--i couldn't afford to think about anything back then.

Yuna(thinking): The Eternal Calm. It's my two minutes and forty seconds and Wakka's pudgy stomach. It's not much--just a quiet kind of happiness.

===

i'll throw up scene two in a bit

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 01:54 PM
(Yuna stands at the door and looks around before entering the dimly lit temple. She walks over to where Wakka is talking with a man. The pair walk towards her and the man begins to speak.)

Tasgio: I saw you from a distance at the stadium two years ago...but I never thought I'd get to see you in person. You're as beautiful as ever..

Yuna: Thank you.

Tasgio: I have a favor to ask about my grandson. He's joined up with the Young Persons' Alliance.

Tasgio: Now, not to say the Alliance is bad in and of itself...but me and the missus are both with New Yevon--my son and daughter-in-law too. My grandson use to come to our meetings, too, but one day he just..

Tasgio: There's alot of young folks in the Alliance, so I'm sure it's exciting for him, but still..

Yuna(thinking): A number of groups have formed across Spira since then. How should we build this new world? What should Spira be like in the future? Everyone is looking for their own path

Tasgio: I feel that..my grandson and his companions are moving too quickly.

Yuna(thinking): With so many diffrent ways of thinking, at times conflict is inevitable. Some people are uncomfortable with the new way of things Honestly, I am too. sometimes...But this is good enough for now. That's what i keep telling myself.

Yuna: I understand your feelings. But try talking it over with your grandson. His actions may appear reckless to you, but his feelings for Spira are the same as your own.

*end of scene 2

======

Scene 3 - Besaid Island

===

(Yuna is walking along an island path when Wakka runs in from off the screen.)

Wakka: He-ey!

Yuna: Who is it? A visitor?

Wakka: Ya, you know how it is - the village geezers are shooting their mouths off about that again...

Yuna: Who is it this time?

Wakka: The son of the head of New Yevon.

Yuna: No way. I'd probably just end up being used by him.

Wakka: Man....sorry Yuna.

Yuna: I'll go turn them down.

Wakka: No problem, I got it. I mean, you don't wanna hafta see their frowning faces, do ya?

Yuna: ...right.

(A messenger runs on screen.)

???: Lady Yuna!

Yeivel: Lady Yuna! I am Yeivel of the Young Persons Alliance! I have come today to deliver a message from our leader Nurge!

Wakka: She's not joining the Alliance.

Yeivel: But--

Yuna: Is that why you came?

Yeivel: ...yes, it is.

Yuna: I'm not going to join with any group.

Yeivel: Are you perhaps going to form your own group?

Yuna: Please leave.

(Rikku runs on screen, screaming and out of breath.)

Rikku: Yuna! Wakka!

( Close up on Rikku, fade to black. Fade in on: )

**end of scene 3

ChronoSquall
May 9th, 2002, 02:17 PM
yuna's having wakka's baby? o_O.

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Yuna(thinking): Rikku sometimes comes by Besaid Island. She travels about Spira, teaching people how to use machines,excavating old machines from underground or underwater...She's awfully busy--but she seems to be enjoying herself.

(Rikku pokes Wakka's stomach, making little poking sounds)

Wakka: Stop that!

Rikku: Quite the tummy you've got now! So how's Lulu?

Wakka: She's in the village. Go say "hi" later, ya?

Rikku: Of course! And Yunnie--same as always, huh?

Yuna(cheerfully): That's right same as always.

(A seagull flies overhead.)

Wakka: So Kimahri's still at Mt. Gagazet?

Rikku: You betcha! He's teaching the Ronso children tons of stuff--he's really quite the teacher!

Rikku: Anyway, I got something from Kimarhri for you--he said he found it up on the mountain.

Yuna: A Sphere?

Wakka: Weird shape, huh?

(Rikku activates the Sphere and holds it out for Yuna.)

Rikku: Look closely, Yunnie.

**end of scene 4

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 02:19 PM
i think Lulu is

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 02:28 PM
( This scene is difficult to see and hear; the screen is awash in colored noise, and the sound is distorted and strung out. The cage may be underwater, though it's difficult to tell. though the location of the cage is uncertain, it is clearly Tidus trapped inside.)

Tidus: What the hell do I get arrested for? Let me go already!

Tidus: You hear me, don't you? What'd you think if she was your girl?

Tidus: Who cares if i used the enemy's machina it was the only way to save the Summoner!

Tidus: What would you have done instead?!

Tidus: Let me out of here! Let me see her!

**end of scene 5**

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Yuna(thinking): A voice.... a voice that had been close by for what seemed forever...

Wakka: What's this about? What's he doing there? Is that really him? What's this all about?

Rikku: I don't really know... but you want to find out don't you?

Wakka: Well, yeah!

Yuna: Yes.

Rikku: Then lets go!

Yuna: Where to?

Rikku: No idea! Lets go talk to Kimahri first and think about it then, okay?

Wakka: But we don't know anything! Shouldn't we look into it a little first?

Rikku: And just who is gonna find it out for us?

(Yeivel appears suddenly on the bridge.)

Yeivel: Leave it to us!

Yeivel: Our leader Nurge should agree as well! I'll convince him myself!

Wakka: Get outta here!

Yeivel: Y-yessir! I'll return as soon as something has been learned!

(Yeivel runs off.)

Rikku: I think that Yunnie ought to go herself.

Wakka: That's impossible.

Rikku: Why's that?

Wakka: The next three months are completely booked. Everyone wants to meet Yuna.

Rikku: And what about what Yunnie wants!

Wakka: Well, y'know...someday when the world's setteled down and all..

(Rikku is furious with Wakka.)

Rikku: Whaddya mean, someday? What someday? What's the matter with you, Wakka? Yunnie always worked so hard she should only have to worry about herself now--so why!? Everytime I come here, I always think about how everyone's busy finding their own happines..except for Yuna.

Wakka: Well, that's--

(Rikku runs over and shouts in Wakka's face)

Rikku: Has your head gone as soft as your belly?!

Rikku: Yunie!

Yuna(thinking): I... I want to go. But--if I leave, I may disappoint people.

Yuna: I......

[Ed. Note: the following line is a direct quotation from Final Fantasy X: However, since we couldn't find the exact translation of the english version we have gone ahead and retranslated it.]

Tibus (voiceover): Well if acting grown up means not being able to say what I want, then screw it! Nothing'll change that way!

Yuna: I'll go.

Wakka: Yuna!!

(Rikku sighs with releif)

Yuna: After all...this is my story.

Rikku: Ha! I knew you'd say that, so I went ahead and brought some stuff for you.

Wakka: Oh, no...

Rikku: First off, we gotta get you into some new clothes! You're famous, after all, so you'd bettr go undercover.

Wakka: J--just a sec, ya? Lemme go get Lu.

Yuna(thinking): The Eternal Calm. It's my two minutes and forty seconds and Wakka's pudgy stomach. It's a small and quiet kind of happiness....but, I guess I can ask for a little more, can't I?

Yuna: Rikku, let's get going!

~END

=====

My fingers are dead :D:P

ChronoSquall
May 9th, 2002, 05:57 PM
So is it implying that Tidus is in spira?.

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2002, 07:00 PM
:confused:
Don't know..it sounds like it.

Infernal Mass
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:18 PM
check it out..
==================================

Though the Final Fantasy series has many installments to its name, each new game has always featured an entirely new world and cast--until now. After dropping several hints earlier in the year, most notably the cliffhanger ending of the "Another Story" trailer on the Japan-only Final Fantasy X International, Mainichi Interactive has confirmed the existence of not one but two side stories for the tenth game in the series.

The basic plot of the Another Story video featured Yuna, Rikku, Wakka, and Lulu meeting to discuss the new factions that had arisen after the defeat of Sin, each of which has its own ideas about how the world should be run. All of them want Yuna's endorsement, but she remains undecided as to which of them to support. While still considering it, Rikku shows her a sphere she found in the northern mountains that shows a fuzzy picture of what looks like Tidus begging to be released from some sort of prison. The four decide to take a break from the political strife to go investigate, and there ends the video.

The two side stories are tentatively called the "Yuna" and "Rikku" versions, so each game will likely star a different character, possibly with her own unique party members. What enhancements players will see in the side stories is unknown so far, but the Final Fantasy X Ultimania guide contained information on some features cut from the original game; originally, every party member was meant to be able to swim and participate in underwater battles, and there were even a couple of underwater-related summons and abilities. Since the Another Story video shows Yuna practicing her diving skills, it's likely that we'll get to see some of the cut features in the side stories.

With the double financial hit of the Final Fantasy movie and the troubled Final Fantasy XI launch, two games reusing Final Fantasy X's engine and models should be a good way for Square to build up some capital in order to become the RPG powerhouse it once was. The two side stories are due for a release this fiscal year in Japan; no U.S. release has yet been mentioned.

==================================

this is great news.

undewater summons!?...leviathan is coming back. :)

SSJ Lacan
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Eric Van Der Beck from batavia new york says you all need to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infernal Mass
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:15 PM
:frust: tell Eric Van der beak that his mom owes me 10 dollars! And if i don't have it by monday i'm gonna go down there and slap it out of her.

Dark Angel
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:54 PM
What's all that about?!!