PDA

View Full Version : Will you be going online with PS2?

Mercury Shadow
May 7th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Of course we all know the hot topic with PS2 has been PS2 Online recently. I for one am not going to be going online with ps2 because of the steep costs of paying for the peripherals + the monthly internet services...

Sony has made their online project a big deal... but who auctually will be going online within the first 6 months or so? I'm sure one day we will all be online with our consoles, but in the near future, anybody?

Spirit
May 7th, 2002, 05:41 PM
maybe if I have a job and a certain game comes out :D
btw should this be elsewhere? O_o

Qjij_jijQ
May 7th, 2002, 06:00 PM
It's hard to say...
The only reason I would "consider" to do it is: Final Fantasy XI.

Aside from that, I don't really see any good reasons... it's not very appealing.

Sleazy P Martini
May 7th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I'm not interested in playing online.

BlackThornn
May 7th, 2002, 08:14 PM
I am going online with the PS2, mainly for Final Fantasy XI and SOCOM.

No offense to y'all but the costs are not 'steep' to purchase the adapter (Less than the cost of a single game).. and you would be buying games as normal.

If you are online now then odds are you pay a monthly fee to an internet service provider, and you will most likely be able to route that service through your PS2 and play online, paying (not in all cases, in fact from what I have heard, not in most) a monthly fee for the actual games only. It is the Xbox that is going to have a base online monthly cost plus game costs.

If it turns out to be a flop, then I will stop playing, of course, but I am more than willing to pay for the modem to try it. Maybe I just make more money than I thought I did but it wouldn't take a huge chunk out of my funds, and given the good online experiences I've had through my computer (Namely Diablo II: LoD and Everquest) and through the Dreamcast (PSO, nuff said), I will look foward to participating.

If this is to succeed we need to support it. I plan to.

Mercury Shadow
May 8th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
I am going online with the PS2, mainly for Final Fantasy XI and SOCOM.

No offense to y'all but the costs are not 'steep' to purchase the adapter (Less than the cost of a single game).. and you would be buying games as normal.

Well, the costs are steep for me because I've gotta first get a phone jack in my room, then get internet service (I only have internet service downstairs, and my dad would kill me if I was playing SOCOM all day and using the internet) a $40 monthly fee is too expensive for me to pay.

Sword 4 Hire
May 8th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Not right away...but seeing as they've got like 30 or somethin games planned for online usage I'll probably give in...I don't know how though...money like that is hard to get seeing as I'm only in highschool...

happy_doughnut
May 8th, 2002, 05:18 PM
I probably won't because:

1. I don't know how
2. I don't see why I would want to.

Like Qjij said, the only reason why I might want to go online with it is because of Final Fantasy 11. Aside from that game, I don't see any other reason to do so. Also, it seems like you have to purchase quite a big amount of things so you can be able to play your ps2 online and FFXI. With that being said, I am probably going to end up not playing the game and thus not go online with my ps2 at all.

:mad: