PDA

View Full Version : Sappy Poem

trunks69420
May 7th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Here is a sappy poem that i wrote for my poetry unit.

I am sitting on a rock on the desolate hill on a windswept knoll. The sky is a bright blue with barely a cloud in the sky. I look out over the grassy fields, filled with rows of corn, grass, and other vegetation. Beyond these lush fields are forests of colorful trees’ but one sticks out from the rest.
It is a vibrant red set among a forest of pines, green, yellow, and brown leaved trees. Surrounded on all sides, except the front, it is like a black jelly bean in a bowl full of white ones. When I look at the tree, I see myself flying towards it, but as I do, I remember years ago when I would go camping in the woods. One time I remember in particular: I was in the Adirondacks on the lake, and where we were camped there was a bright red tree. Some of my fondest memories are at that tree, the beauty of it inspired me with awe and amazement. I was able for the first time to stop worrying about myself and take a look around at the true beauty of nature. Now I am moving to the left, trying to get a better view of the beauty, but as I do, the tree becomes less and less, until all that I can see is the very top of it. The part that I see is still beautifull, but has become more and more consumed by the other colors of the forest. As the image fades, so do my memories, I am still searching for a better view, but my mind is clouded by images of green and yellow, like blockades of the brain. Maybe we can learn from this story of the red tree. We may be beautiful while we are front and center, but eventually the beauty will be masked by the “other colors” of the world. What we need to do is even though we get discouraged and all people can see is a little bit of us, lets make that little bit that they see an example of true beauty.

By: Cory J. Green

Hylas
May 7th, 2002, 09:58 PM
That's really colourful and inspired trunks! :)

happy_doughnut
May 8th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Aw Trunks! That is such a nice poem! It's so...oh what's the word...pretty! It's so inpirational! It's great. Wish I could write suff like that :laugh:

:mad:

trunks69420
May 10th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Yeah, me too. I had to write that because in creative writing i had written such dark stories that they were gonna give me counseling if i didnt reform. So, needless to say i conformed(for one story anyways;) )

007_JamesBond
May 10th, 2002, 11:50 AM
It was good, have you written any thing else

trunks69420
May 10th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but they are darker. The DMC sequel is mine and the "disturbing story" is mine too.