PDA

View Full Version : Magic systems

JC Denton
May 4th, 2002, 04:18 PM
what game do you reckon has the best magic system? ie lerning spells be being taught or as you go up levels casting aswell or if you dont think there is a decent one out there

what would be the perfect system?

IcyMourdor
May 4th, 2002, 04:40 PM
I liked FFT's job system the best. You had to earn JP to purchase abilities. The better they are, the more they cost. I think more RPGs should have this.

happy_doughnut
May 4th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Again, I'm going with FF8's junction system. I mean, it's just perfect. The way you can increase your characters' stats. just by junctioning new magic to them is really great. I don't know why so many people didn't like it. I thought it was the best magic system for any of the FF. Heck I think it's the best magic system I've ever seen!

Macceh^
May 4th, 2002, 05:31 PM
totally agrea with mena was perfection, the way you could just draw all the magic and store it away till needed, 100 deaths etc was amazing :)

jenova_jeb
May 5th, 2002, 11:31 PM
FFX. I loved the way you could pick and choose everything about your characters.

Sword 4 Hire
May 6th, 2002, 07:33 PM
FFX was good because you could customize who was going to use which spells and what not. But I really like Xenogears system of learning deathblows...I guess I'm just a sucker for martial arts.

JC Denton
May 7th, 2002, 04:06 PM
ff 8 magic was cool,

but what about non ff magic?

personnaly i like learning spells by being taught them such as in exile 3,