PDA

View Full Version : Moments I Live For.

happy_doughnut
May 4th, 2002, 01:46 AM
This is a, aw crap I forgot what it's called. It's like a parody...I think, from Ranma. Anyway, hope you like it :)
" Go away stupid Mousse!" cries Xian Pu as her eyes glare at me with anger and frustruation. " Why don't you turn back into a duck and waddle away!" She yells just as she throws a bowl of hot soup at my face. The bowl misses my face but not my shoulder. I feel the sting of it as it penetrates through my clothes. I think " She must really hate me." My eyes water at the thought of having that beautiful amazon with that ravishing purple hair and those scarlet eyes hate me. I turn and head out for the door to be alone with my desolate soul.

Once outside I think and ask myself : " Why am I still here? I know I will never have her heart. I'm not desservant of such a person. Even when we were little she would tell me how worthless I was. But even then, my love for her only grew. When she left our village, I followed her indubitably so I could have been there to protect her hoping she would one day realize how much I love her and for her to...for her to just remember -who I was-." I know I will never have her love, all I can do is wish.
With those thoughts in mind, I stand up, shake the dirt off and head back inside.

Inside, the store is silent and the lights are dim. I walk up the stairs to my room and I feel a gentle chill coming from the broken heater. As I head towards there, I pause at her door. I hesitate and knock in a doubtful way and open the door. "Goodnight Xian Pu" I say as I see her sitting by her window. She slightly turns her head and says in a rough yet tender way: "Night." I smile and gently close her door. My heart is immediately overflowed with happiness, one such, that I cannot even begin to explain. I go into my room and lie on my bed. As I lied there, I picked up a small picture frame with a picture of Xian Pu and help it close to my heart. As I held it, I smiled yet again and happily drifted off to sleep.

As the day rose anew the next morning, I hurridly ran to tend the customers down at the shop. My dear Xian Pu looked as radiant as always. I couldn't help but think about her and in one of those distractions, I dropped a tray of food. I quickly scrambled to pick it up and just as I was standing up, she slapped me. "You're a fool!" she said, " You can't do anything right! I pity you Mousse, you and your stupidity!!" My heart felt mutilated but instead, I smiled and kept on tending. Throughout the day, I was nothing more than a puppet on which she could release all of her dismay. Even with such mistreats, I kept on loving her so.

As night drew closer, I saw Xian Pu pour some of the day's best food into a bowl and closed it tightly. She looked even more beautiful than ever before. Just as soon as she finished closing it she said :" I'll be back later Ma', I'm going to see Ranma!" She had a tremendous smile on her face, and with it, she left.

I was enraged. I knew how much she loved him, but he did not love her. Ranma certainly did not know what he was missing. I just could not comprehend why life was so unfair.

I marched to my room with a great fervor within me. I lied down and drowned myself in both tears and dispair. "How can it be? I thought, " Even when she tells me she hates me and treats me in the most miserable of ways, I am still by her side." "How can she choose him?" I quickly lost count of the hours while dwelling in self pity. But then, loud footsteps and weeping awoke me from my dreams.

I hurried out of bed and opened my door. I was able to catch a glimpse of Xian Pu running into her room. I walked and listened behind her door. She was crying. I opened the door and she said : " Go away!" I didn't listen and kept on walking towards her. As tears poured and poured from her cheeks, I cleaned them off with my hands. Surprisingly, she threw herself into my arms. I hugged and held her tightly. I felt her warm tears on my chest. " I saw them " she said in a quivering voice. " When I went to go give the soup to Ranma, I found him and Akane outside." " I hid and watched them." She paused and I said nothing. " I saw him Mumu, he leaned forward and kissed her!" "Mumu?" I thought, "she hadn't called me that since we were kids". As she kept on crying, she asked me : " Do you know how it feels?" I wanted to scream, to tell her how much I loved her and how I go through it everyday. But I knew, it was neither the time nor the place. I knew that what she needed now was a friend, so I remained silent and held her close. " Thank you." She said. And as I held her in my arms, I remembered how for this, the times in which I get to hold her and for the occasional smile from across the room, that these are the moments I live for.

Rei
May 4th, 2002, 08:51 AM
*applauds*
A Ranma-based fiction! Wooo hooo!

Hylas
May 4th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Wow Mena! You really can write! I wan't expecting something based on Ranma after the funny stuff you posted before!

happy_doughnut
May 4th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Heh heh, it seems as though only girls read this :laugh:
Well, I wasn't going to post this tory cuz it seemed kind of..mushy. But in any case, I'm glad you guys liked it.

BTW, Thanks Hylas!

Carlito
May 4th, 2002, 07:17 PM
This is very good! You're a really resourceful person Mena! This comes from me and I'm not even a fan of Ranma :)

Mana
May 5th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Poor Mousse! I've always thought he was too much unlucky! He's so sweet, but the fact he's a duck...it's not very attractive for girls maybe!

Congratulations to Mena for the nice story! :)