PDA

View Full Version : The Getaway

Hadoken
May 3rd, 2002, 09:13 PM
Has anyone else seen screens of this game??
It looks GREAT!!
I bet this game will be better than GTA3.

Here (http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/scrs2/scr.asp?scrID=22) are some screens of the game.(remember to click on the next button for more)

so much for those xbox fanboys saying that the ps2 isnt capable of good graphics.

Mercury Shadow
May 3rd, 2002, 09:18 PM
Yeah man, I remember reading about The Getaway and seeing a screenshot in The Official Playstation Magazine. It looks beautiful, but do you know what the storyline is? The sound of the name makes it out to be you as a bank robber (?) or something and you have to run from the cops. but who knows. When's the release date?

Hadoken
May 3rd, 2002, 09:28 PM
its supposed to be about a guy who has to become a bank robber to help get his son back from a mob boss.
or something close to that.

the release date as of now is about christmas time for europe.
but nothing has been set for the USA.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 4th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Hay whats the difference between the getaway and stuntman they look like the same game.

Mercury Shadow
May 4th, 2002, 04:36 PM
In Stuntman you perform tricks for movies and in The Getaway you're a bank robber and you have to get away from the cops... why're they the same game?

Uchiha Sasuke
May 4th, 2002, 04:39 PM
What i meant is that there graphics engines look identical.Now that i think about it,there both developed by reflection studios,at least i think

Mercury Shadow
May 4th, 2002, 06:57 PM
they're both by reflections? hmmm, didn't know that... well, we'll have to see how they turn out.

Hadoken
May 4th, 2002, 11:16 PM
huh? the stuntman and the getaway look different dude.
i dunno what your talking about. maybe its just cuz the graphics look good.

Infernal Mass
May 5th, 2002, 05:34 PM
The plot sounds good enough,and the graphics look great.I hope the game is as vast as GTA3.

The way it looks the graphics seem too good.... for a game the same size as GTA3.Unless it would somehow make use of the hardrive.

Sword 4 Hire
May 5th, 2002, 07:52 PM
This game looks sweet but c'mon people...there are video games...and then there is GTA3...it'll take a lot more than screenshots to convince me that this game even contends with GTA.