PDA

View Full Version : Fave Evangelion female character

Mana
May 2nd, 2002, 09:01 PM
This is a stupid poll maybe, but I'd like to know who is your fave Evangelion female character and why :)

IcyMourdor
May 2nd, 2002, 10:58 PM
I'm going to say Asuka for now. I've only seen a few of the episodes at the moment and I feel her character is the best.

happy_doughnut
May 2nd, 2002, 11:02 PM
I haven't watched much either. But from what I have seen, Rei is the coolest.

Hylas
May 3rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
ASUKA!
I mean: c'mon! She has a strong personality, while we don't see any kind of reactions in Rei! She's probably the less developed character in the whole series, even less developed than Touji Suzuhara (sp?)! :laugh: Rei speaks only few times during the series and she's not a deep character. She's so plain and boring! All that she can express is "yes" and nothing more.
Asuka is a very well developed character and the couple Asuka-Shinji is perfect, even when she says Shinji is baka.
Asuka and Misato are also the only bright spots of the series (do you remember when she forces Shinji to wear her red plugsuit? OMG, that was funny!).
Asuka rocks, baby!

Pu the Owl
May 3rd, 2002, 02:56 PM
My vote is for Asuka too :)

Miki
May 3rd, 2002, 06:59 PM
I haven't watched the whole show, but I think Misato Katsuragi is the coolest. She's smart, pretty and funny :)

Rei
May 4th, 2002, 08:53 AM
There's no competition. Rei is the best IMO. Asuka is a psycho! How can you say she's better than the others?

Hylas
May 4th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Rei, I have to disagree! Asuka ain't a psycho! She's a bit short tempered, but not a psycho! Her way of acting is brilliant in certain situations, while Rei's way of acting is "robotic" and cold. She never feels anything and she can't show real emotions!

Cannibal Clown
May 4th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Asuka is my fav. I think that her personality is fun and lkively. And she adds a lot of color to the show. Of coarse, I did begin to favor rei over asuka at times, simply because of how much of a b*tch asuka can be to thje other pilots, even at the most unappropriate of times. But I still voted for her.

And how come you didn't add Hikari or Maya? Aren't they worth a vote?

Rei
May 4th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Maybe "Other" choice is for minor characters like them.
Asuka is winning... ok, it seems people likes evil people more than peaceful ones :laugh:

Cannibal Clown
May 4th, 2002, 04:07 PM
She's not evil, just has a lot of emotional problems which she finds hard to express and let out. So she just shows it with anger and hostility.

merylsilverburg
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Of coarse, I did begin to favor rei over asuka at times, simply because of how much of a b*tch asuka can be to thje other pilots, even at the most unappropriate of times.

I know that this is a very old thread, but I just now finally got to watch a few more and finally saw when Asuka came in. Well....I haven't watched enough to see Asuka's personality change or something (if it will change), but for now...I am very sorry to say that I dislike her very much, due to the fact that she acts very unappropriately to the other pilots (like CC said) and she's quite childish and attention-wanting. Like in Episode 11, *MAYBE SPOILERS* when the three of them were lost in the shaft, she didn't know where to go, but when Rei knew, she had an attitude with her and became all fussy. What's up with that? I'm sorry, but why can't she accept the fact that she's not perfect and if she doesn't know something, no one will criticize or make fun of her because of it? She calls Rei a b*tch just because she knows what she's doing and I'm so majorly confused on that. So Rei is very robotic and very cold but she's a little more understanding and just doesn't like to mess around. The good points of Asuka, however, is that when it comes to battle, she is a pretty good leader and comes up with smart battle plans at times. However, I disagree with the whole Shinji and Asuka couple because frankly, that type of relationship is the one I can't stand, where the girl is a control freak and the guy is very passive. I'm sorry if I angered anyone by my opinions but that's just how I feel. Maybe if Asuka's personality calms down a bit and if she matures a little, I might be able to like her a bit more.