PDA

View Full Version : weird PS2 bought from hong kong (rant)

umpapa
May 1st, 2002, 03:38 AM
I've only just registered so I dunno whether this subject has been posted previously..

I got a PS2 from hong kong a while back.. the guy asked me whether I wanted to crack /mod chip it or something, and I said yeah and it can play CD PS2 games.

I dunno whether the quality is diminished.
but to play a game, you press RESET 2 times, put in a blue utility disc, and press X and O and it then you change the game.
I not making this up..
It also can't play authentic DVD games, it just reads it as an audio track...so it's annoying

- just wanted to know if anyone can tel me more about this or has a PS2 like this bought from a dodgy place.

also..

- the PS2 atm says "DVD PLAYER IS NOT SET UP"
this message just came up when I put in a DVD like any other time, but just this time it came up, and after that I can't play any DVDs..does anyone know a solution

ChronoSquall
May 12th, 2002, 08:46 AM
I suggest buying a ps2 legaly where you live :P Then you don't need to worry about that.

Rohamgh
May 21st, 2002, 11:56 AM
Don't think that'll help him much, chrono ;)

Uh. Hmm. I really don't know what you should do. Take to a (dis)reputable video games shop, preferably with Asian technicians :p, if not, just take it back to Hong Kong and get the chip removed.