PDA

View Full Version : Favorite story

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:38 AM
I'm not too sure if this has been used but I haven't seen one like this so I'll go ahead and post it anyway

Which story from ANY rpg is your favorite? The story that kept you wanting more, that made you frozen with excitement when you learned something new...the story that was perfect in your eyes?

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:42 AM
My favorite story is the one that I'm in the middle of now...Xenogears. This game is all about the story, there are so many questions left unanswered and I'm loving every minute of it. This game is shaping up to be my favorite! I love the constant questions, and when they're answered your jaw drops...I love the fact that all of the characters are good and have deep pasts, I also love how they give you a bird's eye view on what the enemies are up to as well. It's just like playing an awesome action movie!!

IcyMourdor
Apr 28th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Mine has to be either of the Lunar games. I love how the stories just have a smooth feel. Nothing is left out and the translation was done well. Can't beat that.

JC Denton
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Deus ex, yes an rpg, had the greatest storyline, Baldurs gate wasn't far behind though. I loved all the conspiricys in Deus ex and it really made you believe it could really happen especially after the september the 11th thing i was sure they would start up
u.n.a.t.c.o

(united nations anti terrorist coallition)
only in deus ex it was the statue of liberty that was bombed not the twin towers of the world trade centre. Ion storm so very nearly predicted the future correctly.

happy_doughnut
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:16 PM
I say LoD or Legend of Legaia. Their translations weren't great but the stories were. Aslo, the characters in both games seemed so sincere and really determined. I think characterization has much to do with how good a game is and these 2 games had that mastered.

Infernal Mass
May 3rd, 2002, 11:13 PM
Lunar.

jenova_jeb
May 5th, 2002, 11:33 PM
I'm going with Chrono Cross.

ChronoSquall
May 6th, 2002, 03:51 PM
FF10 or FF7

Ruby Moon
May 8th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Final Fantasy 6 has the best story among all the RPGs I've played.

SSJ Lacan
May 9th, 2002, 05:15 PM
To put it frank story wise my good man your right its Xeno....Xenogears brings you on a RPG ride that you will never forget....memorible characters and villians. The story is so DEEP, it will attack your thoughts at night and at school to the point where you are a need of a lil' dosage of Xeno. To all those who are reading this go buy Xeno or borrow it. If you have to act like a poor man on the street and get the money for it that way! Anyway you can get the game!

Soul Angel
May 9th, 2002, 07:55 PM
I'll have to say FFVII and Shadow Hearts are two games which really kept me hooked onto the story for a long time of the games, which I have played so far :)

Evil Parrot
May 10th, 2002, 03:46 AM
Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears top my list, although the BOF series gets an honourable mention