PDA

View Full Version : The first time you played a FF game

Rei
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:03 PM
How was it? Did you like the game or not? I don't mean the whole game, I mean the first time you opened the package of a FF game and you played it.
What are your memories of the first hours of the game?
Were you satisfied ot were you expecting more?

I'm asking because I know many people who actually love FF games, but hated them the first time they tried playing them:laugh:

happy_doughnut
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Cool thread Rei!
Anyway, the first time I played a FF game I found it very hard! It was FF2 for the SNes and I didn't even KNOW what an RPG was! I just picked that game because I found the name intriguing.
I remember I went home and played away. I died countless times but every time, I grew more and more interested. From the very beginning I liked the story. I can freely say that the first time I played, I fell in love. Even though it was hard, I really liked it...even till this very day!

Hylas
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:26 PM
When I first got a FF game I didn't like it very much. it was FF 7 and I didn't like the super-deformed graphics at first.
Adding to this I didn't know what to do in the first Mako Reactor.
I started liking the game after Aeris' arrival.

Macceh^
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:30 AM
hmm yeh FF7 was my first ff it wasnt my first rpg but my first rpg in a long while i immediatly loved it, i already knew the first 2 hours of the agme due to my m8 getting it a week before bringing it round and we ahd a long session on it.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:34 AM
My first FF and my first real RPG was FF7...it was about 4 yrs ago and I had first gotten my PSX. I had watched my friend play it but I wasn't all that interested. So when I had the extra cash I was in the store and picked it up...remembering that my friend had played it...but I mostly bought it for the Buster Sword on the front.

The first few hours I was a lil confused at the whole idea of the battle system and the whole concept of an RPG different from Zelda...but once the story picked up and I got the hang of the battling...I was hooked!

IcyMourdor
Apr 28th, 2002, 01:42 PM
I can still remember the first time I played FF.

I was about 8 i think. I rented the original FF for the NES. I was bored and couldn't find anything better to play. It look pretty cool, so I decided to get it. As soon as I put it in, I was immediately hooked. I liked the way the parties could be made and the battle system. The music was cool (being a kid, i didn't know what cool music was). That was when I started playing FF and RPGs.

kupoartist
Apr 29th, 2002, 02:59 PM
My first was FF8... I've always been a PC Games-person so I didn't really experience FF before then. Basically I fired up a demo, cynically giggling at the midi-soundtrack and played through what has to be the worst part of the game ^_^... over and over again :laugh: so yes I enjoyed it and went and brought the full game...

FF8 isn't truely my first, that was FF7 : but my PC wasn't up to the job so it got taken back to the shop. I was pratically hitting myself when I had to order the same game all the way from the states 3 years later ^_^

Miata
Apr 29th, 2002, 03:23 PM
The first exposure to FF was the original FF1 for the NES...and I HATED it! I was a HUGE Mega Man fan and didn't have time to play this type of game( so I thought back then...) Anyway, my girlfriend at the time kept trying to get me to try it so I did. And I HATED it. After HOURS of play, I didn't know what body of water to let the fairy ouuta the jar at, so I blew it. Went back to the caravan, got another fairy...and blew it AGAIN!!! Went back and...no caravan. What? Start over!?! So I never finished that one. Thankfully I tried other RPGs and have been happily hooked ever since.

Miki
May 3rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
My first FF game was FF 6 and it also was my first RPG ever. I really felt confused for this reason. I couldn't get used to battle system and gameplay, and it all seemed odd and complicated to me :(
I stopped playing the game after few hours because I got killed too many times (and the enemies were so weak!!!!).
Then my sister started playing the game some days later, and she was much better than me! I started watching her and then I wanted to play the game again. :)

Infernal Mass
May 3rd, 2002, 11:09 PM
First FF i played was FF2 ..i remember a friend let me borrow it for another game.At first i felt like i had been fooled into borrowing a boring excuse for zelda.Although when the prolouge popped up after Cecil makes his way out of the castle..i knew it was going to be an interesting game.The second RPG i played was Lunar on SegaCD.

jenova_jeb
May 7th, 2002, 01:18 PM
I remember my friend told me about FFVII so I decided I'd give it a try. I went to the store and bought it. Truthfully, I hated it for about 2 hours. I'm really glad that I didn't just stop playing because they're my favorite games now. :happy:

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 05:10 PM
my very first FF was FFmystic quest, and I LOVED the game. It was a little confusing for me at first since I didn't know what an RPG was at the time, but I just loved it and I still occasionally play it. I was still involved with RPGs, but I didn't play another FF for awhile. The next FF I played was FF7, which is my all-time favorite RPG EVER. After FF7, I became deeply involved with the FFgames and have followed the series closely ever since

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
When I first got a FF game I didn't like it very much. it was FF 7 and I didn't like the super-deformed graphics at first.
Adding to this I didn't know what to do in the first Mako Reactor.
I started liking the game after Aeris' arrival.

Exactly me. Except I didn't continue playing FF7. It was FF8 that got me hooked because the people weren't SD and I loved the story, graphics, and characters. :love:

Female_Vivi
May 30th, 2002, 05:50 AM
The first one I saw was Final Fantasy 8. I saw this review of FF9 on tv and liked the movies but didn't care to play. I did knew my friend was addicted to the FF series.

The first game I saw on the PS was FF8, when my friend played a little. The first one I played was FF9, at my friends home (the same one)

I was Freya and we where fighting the Boss at the ending of disc4, the first out of 3 bosses.

Then I took FF9 home and played it at my own PS. To make a long story short, FF9 was the first one I played :laugh:

Lost_myth
May 31st, 2002, 07:04 PM
I rented it at video planet (now blockbuster) and I was really young. Um... hard to recall. It was so addicting. I can't remember who was in it. I remember walking around as mog!:ghost: That was my fav game, now that I recall it finally.;)

I think it was either 6 or 3.

kupoartist
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:27 AM
or both as the case may be, as FF6 (Japan) is FF3 (US) on the SNES/SFC ^_^

FF8 was my first... I cynically gave the PC demo a try, and ended up buying the game because I just Soooo wanted to see more of it. Before that I had tried to get FFVII, but my P133 wasn't up to the job :(

Lost_myth
Jun 1st, 2002, 03:52 PM
I never knew that. That's kinda wierd. ff6 and 3.

Sephiroth
Jul 1st, 2002, 10:51 AM
I first FF game I've played is Final Fantasy VII.Ever since I've played I've been a very loyal FF fan. Now I recently own all of the FF games after FFVII and trying to get the ones before it, so I think That ya'll would agree when I say that the Final Fantasy series is the best RPG series ever!