PDA

View Full Version : Song Of The Year!

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:02 AM
I Know This Is A Little Late, But Still....!....Please Tell Which Song Do U Think Is......"The Song Of The Year" From Ure Point Of View!.! For Last Years . 2001! Thank You!

From My Point Of View, It Should Be "In The End" By Linkin Park

Spirit
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:10 AM
yea that one was pretty good, too bad I'm too drunk to think of any others....

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Umm . . .
probably "Chop Suey", System of a Down.

That was the song that made kind of broke them into the mainstream market more, mostly because it's so damn good.

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:27 AM
I Agree With Reid..... Thats One Beautiful Song!.! I Love It!.! When I First Heard It.....I Listened To It.... More Then 30 Times A DAY!.! Straight For 3 Weeks.!...And Still Listens To It!.! It Is An Amazing Song, And Also "Innervision"

Spirit
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:41 AM
any other good songs you guys want to tell me about? I'm kind of new to the music world....

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Depends What Type Of Music U Listen To

Spirit
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:00 AM
anything that is good and goes platinum, basically anything that people like :D

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Two other songs from this year that I really liked were Tool - "Lateralus" and Outkast "The Whole World".

Actually spiritslayer, if you're looking for a few more decent tunes check out,

Gorillaz - "New Genious", "Gravity"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Hollywood *****"

Hed (pe) - "Bartender"

Those are all 2001 releases that are really good.

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Well My Recomdation Would Be A Little Different!.! I Am Sure Ried's Selection Is Good Too!.!

But Check Out "Break Ya Neck" By Busta Ryhmes, "Nothing What Is Seems" By Project Wyze, And...."Starlight" By Superman Lovers, ..........And......"Freestyler" By Bomfunk MC! :) :) :D

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:20 AM
"Break Ya Kneck" by Busta Rhymes is really good too.

And the Bomfunk MCs are pretty decent if you're looking for something different.

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Reid
"Break Ya Kneck" by Busta Rhymes is really good too.

And the Bomfunk MCs are pretty decent if you're looking for something different.
Have U Heard...1234, By BomFunkMC. Its A Bomb!.! Love That Song Too!!

jenova_jeb
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:42 PM
The first song on the Linkin Park CD. Oh man, I can't remeber the name. I hate it when this happens!:(

jenova_jeb
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:46 PM
OH yeah, "Alive" by P.O.D. was awesome too!

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Ummm song of the year can go only to one band and that creeds my sacrafice thats way better than any other song

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Ummm song of the year can go only to one band and that creeds my sacrafice thats way better than any other song
Thats What U Think.... ;)

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Makg, "1,2,3,4" by the Bomfunk MCs is my favourite song of theirs.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Hay creed is one of the most talented bands out for awhile since zepplin and skynard the are bringing back real rock mixed with songs that tell storys,just look at the billboards and top album creeds still on top and satnding strong for 10 weeks straight.Passing everyone and selling over 10 million copies in the US, im so proud of that band

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Reid
Yeah, Makg, "1,2,3,4" by the Bomfunk MCs is my favourite song of theirs.
Noway!! I Choreographed The Whole Song In The InterCollege Dance Competetion. I Love That Song!!!

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Another great song that will be big is "Wasting my Time"by default which is absoutley awesome

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:15 PM
The only reason I don't really like Creed that much is because I think the lead singer's voice lends itself to a bit of monotony.

I think when they first came onto the scene they were really good, because they were so fresh and original, but now their stuff seems to just be more of the same.

But, as you said Led Zepplin is one of the greatest bands ever! By the by, does anyone know if Robert Plant (lead singer) is still alive?

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Creed has a certain sound like all bands should have instead of copying others like most bands are doing these days.And dont say that creeds only talent is there lead singer scott stapp.Mark Termonti is considered now to be one of the new great guitarist in the business.And to answer you Q about robert plant he is alive

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:28 PM
No, no, no . . .
I was saying that I don't like Scott Stapp's voice, because it sounds too much the same.
I think if Creed had a different lead singer they'd be a lot better.

Many bands suffer from a lead singer that you can't listen to for an entire album without becoming a bit bored of (ex. Marilyn Manson - awesome voice for a few songs but by the end of an album you're sick of it).

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Come now Stapps voice is amazing i dont know how you cant like it.Its sounds so good mixed in with creed heavy guitar rifts,the band is going to go far

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but don't you find it's sort of the same thing all of the time?
I like his voice, but only in small doses.

BowevelJoe
Jan 30th, 2002, 07:56 AM
hahaha, man the 1st time i saw a creed music video, i was honestly shocked. The singer looked nothing like i thought he would, it kinda scared me lol. I like Creeds 1st album the most, Torn, My Own Prison, i loved those songs, well until they released this CRAP version of My Own Prison, arrg it sucked so bad.

If you want some good hardcore punk rock check out New Noise by Refused, now thats what i call some good musak.:)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:43 AM
I dont know but these days music seems to be going to mainstream except for a few bands.I think Canada is coming out with sime amazing music that is original and goes back to the roots of rock and roll ex Nickelback,Default, Sum41 etc

GuitarHero30017
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
My favorite song of the year is Threw the fire and flames by Dragonforce!!

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wow.. talk about bring a thread from the grave...

Damn.

My fav song of 2007 would be... "No More Sorrow" by Linkin Park. Hahhah, I havn't changed that much after all...