PDA

View Full Version : Princess Mononoke

Game_Developer
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:17 PM
I have just recently seen this and I think it is one of the best dam anime's I have ever seen. I like the whole plot and story line. Has anyone else seen this, if you have did you like it??

007_JamesBond
Apr 24th, 2002, 07:29 AM
This is what Cannibal Clown has to say, but he can't because his computer is gay. I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know what he's talking about.

Well here it is.

Yes and it is an awsome anime. I tried to see it at the theaters, but I didn't live close enough to the place to go see it. A lot of people said they didn't like it because of it's length, but I enjoyed it all the way. And the vioces were excelent, so was the totally sweet animation. I think the story line is deep and well thought out, and anyone who likes anime and hasn't seen it, should. Even for those who don't like anime, it can still be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.

That's only my opinion though.

Hylas
Apr 24th, 2002, 09:34 AM
I love Mononoke Hime! It's absolutely fabulous!
I've seen it when it came out two years ago, I think :confused:

Have you heard of other works from the same authors?

Miata
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:00 AM
In talking to my friends, and reading the responses here, I guess I'm in the (vast) minority that wasn't all that thrilled with Mononoke. Tha animation was top drawer, but the story was...flat. A film-school (read-hates anime) friend of mine saw it and loved it. The only other anime he liked was Ninja Scroll. I figured it was because of the reconizable voice actors outta Hollywood. That said, though I appreciate it, it will not likely find it's way into the DVD collection. But my opinion again is in the wee minority. I'd even recommend it to peole who want to watch anime as it seems to have a broad reach. Like 'Friends'.:shock:

Game_Developer
Apr 24th, 2002, 02:22 PM
I think it's an awsome anime' and Ninja Scroll is awsome too.

And Hylas what other titles are they workin on...??

merylsilverburg
Apr 26th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Mononoke Hime is very good. There are a lot of meanings, themes, and symbolism in this anime which makes it very interesting to watch. Plus, the voice acting was incredibly good, which is surprising to me, because they were all from Hollywood actors. Anyway, Studio Ghibi (the company) is very popular when it comes to anime. Miyazaki, Hayao is the main director of most films by Studio Ghibi. Films that were directed by him:

Naussica: Valley of the Wind
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro *Very popular*
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso

Films that were directed by Takahata, Isao for Studio Ghibi:

Grave of the Fireflies
Only Yesterday
Pom Poko
My Neighbor, the Yamadas

The latest Studio Ghibi film is called Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away), directed by Miyazaki-san also. It was released in Japan around 2001 and Disney has bought the rights to license it. The US should be seeing it....sometime later. I hope this helps....if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me, I'll try to help. :)

Qjij_jijQ
Apr 27th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I thought that movie was great ! I've seen it about 6 or 7 times so far, 'cuz it played a few months ago on "Super Ecran", which is a channel were there's only movies all day, I'm sure you all know what I'm talkin' about... 'cept this one's in french ! :D

... Anyway, very nice movie !

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
I have only seen part of the movie, but overall it was pretty good. Enjoyable?, yes.

MADRUCKIS
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Mononoke Hime is very good. There are a lot of meanings, themes, and symbolism in this anime which makes it very interesting to watch.

yup, I own it on dvd...I taught a class on it..identifying themes in anime a few years back. It was a film class for kids and they thought that animes were just about fighting or sex. We saw the anime and then worked on a sheet I created tryin to identify characters, their motives, their meanings

great movie

and Spirited Away was the reverse-someone taught me in an article about it. How it mirrors growing up, moving on, and getting a job. I'm dyin to put together a class on that one

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:17 PM
yup, I own it on dvd...I taught a class on it..identifying themes in anime a few years back. It was a film class for kids and they thought that animes were just about fighting or sex. We saw the anime and then worked on a sheet I created tryin to identify characters, their motives, their meanings

great movie

and Spirited Away was the reverse-someone taught me in an article about it. How it mirrors growing up, moving on, and getting a job. I'm dyin to put together a class on that one

That is pretty cool. Using anime to help teach a film class. I wish some of my teachers would do that. Really cool.

LrdAlucard
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I just loved the wolfies!!!! :blush: watched it several times

Macceh^
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Aww Mononoke

I have it ready to watch I have HAD it for years now pretty much since it became available in Europe. Have I watched it yet? Nope.

It seems like one of those beautiful films that I want to keep for a special evening where its raining outside, you know have a shower put on a freshly washed Kimono whack it in the player and snuggle down to view with a nice hot chocolate.

I have yet to find the time to do this or maybe I keep forgetting who knows.

Keyblade Master
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:03 PM
uuuhhh... :blink: sounds pretty good on account that usaully I have to see animes to get the real feel of them..

Urahara Kisuke
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Just got it for Christmas and it is better than I remember it. Just gotta love those Tree Spirit things. ^_^

squirms_619
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I seen it awhile ago and remember most parts. I loved the whole thing it was great but those tree spirits freaked me out they are cute though hehe :shappy: