PDA

View Full Version : Innovations

Hylas
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:48 AM
In your opinion which is the most innovative RPG you've ever played?
The one with clever addictions or interesting options not allowed in other more classic RPGs.
And also the one in which the storyline and the gameplay are tied together in the most original way.

Infernal Mass
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:18 AM
The way you could jump in and out of gears during battle was very original.Also the whole story that transcended throughout time was very interesting.It had alot of story/plot.

I know alot of people that were turned away, because of so much dialouge that had to be read through to progress.They are the same ones that prefer fighting or FPS games over RPGs..it's no wonder why.To be truly honest i got alittle bored with the first scenario in the village myself.If it had not been for me playing games like Lunar i would have most definately taken the game back.

I thought the story and the gameplay in Xenogears was very well balanced..i just wish the ending was longer.If it had been on 3 disc that would have been excellent..lots of space for lengthly ending like FFVIII.

IcyMourdor
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM
I would have to say the best innovative game I played was Grandia 2. The story was great, music was better than average, and the battle system is unlike any other.

Hylas
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:56 PM
Grandia 2 is a cool and original game, but the gameplay and the battle system are almost identical to the ones of Grandia.

Infernal Mass
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:24 PM
I've never played Grandia 1 or 2 are they really good?
I've been thinking of getting the Arc the Lad collection it's from working design.They always seem to bring out good RPGs.There's that title and Skies of Arcadia.

Pu the Owl
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico
I've never played Grandia 1 or 2 are they really good?

Yes, they're both very good games, and among the two people seem to like Grandia 2 the most.
But I think at the moment Grandia, whch is a PSone game, is very cheap, so you could buy it first and then, considering Hylas is right (the gameplay and the battle system are the same), you can decide to get Grandia 2.

Infernal Mass
Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
thanks fortune,
i think that would be a good move, Do they share any similarities when it comes to the story?
(is Grandia2 a direct sequel to the plot of Grandia.)

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:41 PM
I think Legend of Legaia was pretty innovative. Sure the graphics and story weren't unlike other rpg's but the battle system is unlike any other. Being able to string you hits into certain types of combos is awesome! Also I liked being able to see the equipment I bought on the character. I know Xenogears has that combo type battle system...but the moves in Legaia were just so cool!