PDA

View Full Version : Kare-Kano (aka Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou)

Pu the Owl
Apr 20th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I've started watching the first three episodes of this series, thanks to MTV Italy.
My first impression was that this series is a sort of shoujo, isn't it?
At least the plot is typical of shoujo anime.
But being more careful, this series is... ODD!
Not as much as FLCL, but still, it's quite strange!
It seems that Hideaki Anno (Fushigi no Umi no Nadia, Evangelion, FLCL) likes to create weird stories o_O;
I can't even say it's bizarre, maybe it's just me? :confused:
Made me think of a more mature version of Kodomo no Omocha, because of its oddity.

merylsilverburg
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I've read up a little on the storyline of this series, and I must say it's definitely weird sounding. :peoples: However, yes Fortune, this is a shoujo story. If I ever get a copy (I can't believe you get to watch anime from MTV Italy!!) I'll see how it is myself, because it does sound a little odd, but it also kinda sounds annoying too. Especially the main character, Miyazawa Yukino. :disturb:

Hylas
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:33 AM
Kare-Kano is funny! I like it a lot!
Yukino is not that annoying as the main female character and Arima is a cutie! :love:

merylsilverburg
Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:06 PM
Hmm....I'll take your word for it, Hylas. If I ever get a chance to see it, I'll check it out. :)

happy_doughnut
Apr 24th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Aw, you guys are lucky! It seems like you guys can watch a lot of anime. Me over here hardly see any! It's really scarce...I mean, you don't find it hardly anywhere. What's worse is that when you do...it's way too pricey!!...I hate this place... :frust:

merylsilverburg
Apr 26th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Don't worry Mena. I can't find a lot of anime in my town either. But, the thing for me is, I'm now watching more "not yet licensed" animes, so I'm buying my stuff on Ebay. Ebay is probably the best place to go to look for animes, because some people watch it once and sell it for a cheap price, so if you're down on the $$$ you can get it there. Ahh...but that is, if you're allowed to buy stuff online. :P :right: