PDA

View Full Version : FF Tactics-what d'ya think?

Miata
Apr 17th, 2002, 12:49 PM
One of my favourite games ever was FF Tactics. Certainly not the same old thing. It's been re-released as a PS1 calassic, so how come there's no sequel??? Did alot of people hate this game? Should there even be a sequel? Thoughts?

kupoartist
Apr 17th, 2002, 01:13 PM
well... the closest thing on the horizon is the GBA remake, but It has been hinted that "This isn't the version the fans deserve" : They'll do a FF : Tactics II if they get the chance.

And as a side note, a large number of us were deprived of this game. Europeans are clearly diseased scum that must be cleansed of the putrid plague they carry by not releasing games over here. Either that or its the fact that there are too "few" people who want the games.... (the offical line...)

Evil Parrot
Apr 17th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

And as a side note, a large number of us were deprived of this game. Europeans are clearly diseased scum that must be cleansed of the putrid plague they carry by not releasing games over here. Either that or its the fact that there are too "few" people who want the games.... (the offical line...)

*sigh* I feel your pain :(

Maybe if the FF 4,5 and 6 releases do well, the'll consider it (although thats not likely to happen)

IcyMourdor
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Tactics is my favorite game of all time.

I love the story of this game. Just like any other FF, many questions are made, and answered all at once. Betrayel, Deception, Envy, Lust for Power. All these traits are shown. Characters are well made and all have their own little subplots.

Music in this game is highly addictive. I always seem to want to play after hearing it. There always isn't the same battle music playing battle after battle.

The job point system was done perfectly in this game. The best stuff has to be earned. Your characters are completely customizable, which can have many advantages.

I don't know what else to say. I'll just shut up for now. If you need any help, go ahead and ask me.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:03 PM
I watched my friend play it and it seemed kinda slow

Macceh^
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:03 PM
i got it imporetd and i didnt like it too much,dont get me wrong its an ok game but you eitehr liek it or you dont and imo vandal hearts was better.

Miata
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:09 PM
I played Vandal Hearts hoping it would fill the void, and to a degree it did. It lacked FFT's depth and character development, as well as the complex story. Did you finish it? If not, go back and maybe give it another try. Or not. But you should...'cause it's soooo good. I'm gonna play tonight, I think!...good idea. I'm going to go play now!

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Vandal Hearts? That name doesn't sound familiar to me...what's it about?

Miata
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Vandal Hearts is a sword-and-sorcery type game where you assemble a group of warriors to battle evil. The movement of your players is done turn-based and is similar to FFtactics as the ground elevation comes into play as does the type of weapons and magic you use. I found it to be challenging and fun. Not Tactics but good nonetheless. Recommended

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 18th, 2002, 05:53 PM
All right, maybe I'll give it a go...thanks

happy_doughnut
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:33 AM
I love it! It's a really great game. It's too bad I haven't beat it yet. Ah! I really need to get around to playing it. I think the intro. is really cool. Heck, the game itself is awesome!

DreamSharpShooter
Apr 21st, 2002, 04:58 PM
is a great game, with many options of chars, and u can do many combinations of abilities, i have a summoner with samurai sword abilities, calculator is very cool, summoner calculator, uf, u can make many combinations..
yeah, is a little slow, but when u get inside the game, u dont feel that....
it has many secrets, many characters and many types of chars...good story, the only thing that square forgot is put it a no encounters, cuz when u r in high lvls sometimes is boring fight again and again with the monsters....
im waiting for the f tactics 2 if there any chance to be released