PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts

Mercury Shadow
Apr 16th, 2002, 08:02 PM
This is my first time posting in the RPG forum, I believe... Why? Because I'm really not an RPG kinda guy. But the new game Kingdom Hearts really caught my eye. I saw that it was an action/rpg. I have a question though, in the screen shots they show a party of 3... so what's the battle system going to be like? It's action rpg so that means it can't be the regular rpg formula, Is it like Zelda where you auctually battle an enemy and move around? and if so, do the other 2 party members just sit there or have AI and help you fight?

Pretty much, I have no clue what I'm talking about. Can someone please explain to me how Kingdom Hearts will work? Like I said, I'm new to the RPG world. Thanks

Also, what are you views on this game? FF mixed with Disney (?)

IcyMourdor
Apr 16th, 2002, 08:14 PM
We already have a thread up about Kingdom Hearts.

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115

Mercury Shadow
Apr 16th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Ohhh, I didn't see that thread, it was a while back... But it still doesn't say what the battle system is gonna be like.

IcyMourdor
Apr 16th, 2002, 08:47 PM
I'm actually not to sure about this game myself. Maybe someone will have an answer.

I think the battle system is comparable to the standard Final Fantasy ATB. I may be wrong though.

Soul Angel
Apr 16th, 2002, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are actually after but it does have some stuff about the game play of the game and that
http://www.thegia.com/news/0203/n20a.html

If I find anything else, I'll post it up ;)

kupoartist
Apr 17th, 2002, 01:35 PM
I'm actually pretty excited about Kingdom Hearts myself... from what i've worked out, the battle sytem is going to be like Final Fantasy, though as I come to think about it im not sure whether this is ATB or the recent difference in FFX...

Anyways, about the Action RPG bit... I'm not to sure about that myself, as I'd define somthing like System Shock, Deus Ex or Anachronox in that catagory.. and from the screenshots i've seen of KH i'd say it is most certainly very un-action-rpg looking... Especially as the battles look similar to FF battles (same menu system by what i can see...)

merylsilverburg
Apr 17th, 2002, 06:15 PM
I believe I read in the latest PSM that the battle system for Kingdom Hearts will be that you control the main character, Sora, and while the AI controls the other two members in your party. The reason why you can't control all three, is because, occasionally, there'll be some Disney characters that will come join you for a short period of time, then they'll return and you're back with your two original characters. I hope that made sense. I think the two main sidekicks of Sora's will be Goofy and Donald. :laugh: