PDA

View Full Version : Sidequests or not

Mana
Apr 13th, 2002, 05:05 AM
When playing FF games, do you usually finish them without completing also sidequests following the main storyline, do you complete only some of them (ex. the ones you like and not the others), do you complete all of the caring of not leaving out anything, or do you first finish the game without sidequests and then replay it also for completing them?

jenova_jeb
Apr 13th, 2002, 06:53 AM
I just play them if they're the ones that I enjoy, or are incredibly crucial to the game.

Soul Angel
Apr 13th, 2002, 08:44 AM
I'll usually play the game through and complete some of the sidequests, but I'll have a second game going at the same time where I'll be trying to do everything which game has in it

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I usually always go for the final weopons and items that will help me in the future...but there's somethin satisfyin about watchin the credits go by and knowing that you beat EVERYTHING in the game

Qjij_jijQ
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Yeah... I usually like to complete all the Sidequests in the game, before finishing it. I can't help it... My game has to be absolutely flawless in order for me to be happy.

Speakin' of Sidequests...
How many Blitzball match did it took you to get all of Wakka's Overdrives ?

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Well I usually just play the game the first time. Then I can play it again and do all the extra stuff.

Macceh^
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:42 AM
i try and do everything first time but nerv do so i go through again doing every side quest, gettign every rare item and obtaning every skill and weapon etc

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 13th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Well I've only played 30 games of Blitzball and I'm close to his 3rd overdrive...I forget which one it was...status reels maybe??

I heard it takes around 60 wins though

kupoartist
Apr 13th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I never consider a game complete unless I've seen everything. I have completed most of the stuff in FF7 - 9 (with the exception of fighting Omega (FF8) and getting the Excalibur II (FF9) )

nanjij
Apr 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM
i do them if im gonna get something good out of them, or if i can be bothered to

Pu the Owl
Apr 14th, 2002, 06:12 AM
When I first play FF games, I usually forget very important things (like forgetting Vincent Valentine in FF7 or getting 50% of GF in FF8 :P).
Then I replay the game trying to complete all the sidequests, but sometimes it's frustrating, so I haven't beaten Omega Weapon, and it took me ages to decide to complete Mognet sidequest.

DragonSphere
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:55 PM
I only complete sidequests if they greatly benefit my characters or if it is necessary. But when doing long sidequests, I usually get bored and eventually forget about them. For example, in FF9, trying to get all the Chocographs got very repititive to me, so I decided to drop the whole thing.

Hadoken
Apr 14th, 2002, 10:49 PM
I usually do some sidequests in the game the first time around.
I tend to do more of em the second time around. thats if i even play it a second time around.

happy_doughnut
Apr 16th, 2002, 10:47 PM
I complete them all. Every single one has to be done in order for me to advance to the final bosses. I guess it's just my way of feeling satisfied.

What?!? I got all 4 of Wakka's overdrives by level 40 or so. I got the Jupiter Sigil at 52. ^_^