PDA

View Full Version : mgs1 on ps2

nanjij
Apr 7th, 2002, 02:32 PM
i think the mgs1 is being remade 4 ps2 with wicked graphics also an appearance of raiden is expected
coming about winter2003

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 7th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Yeah that would be totally awesome if they remade the game with the mgs2 engine and then added bonus scenes and gameplay elements.

Neo_Soldier28
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:38 AM
It would also be really cool is if they would some how extend the game so it was even longer yet

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:48 PM
that'd be cool. I liked MGS a lot more than it's sequel.

MakgSnake
Apr 16th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Sorry But I Would Like To Know Where Exactly Did U Hear All This........?..........And If Anyone Else Knows Something More About It......Please Mention It Down.

I Dont Get This....... How Come HARRY And Fortune Never Respond Towards Threads Like These Ones!.! Just Wondering.

All I Heard Was That......A 2 DVD Thing Is Coming On Its Way, Which Would Include..MGS MGS2 And MGSVR Missions!.! And It Said That Its Just A Rumour....Nothing For Sure!.!

So Please.......I Would Like To Know Where U Got That Info. It Sure Does Sound Cool!.!

Killuminati
Apr 16th, 2002, 11:16 PM
im 90% positive that this is just anotehr rumour.......tehres alot of those and u never know which ones will turn out to be real. but MGS being remade, not that likely though possible. MGS being remade with Raiden in it? not possible. period.

Spank-A-Thon
Apr 17th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by nanjij
i think the mgs1 is being remade 4 ps2 with wicked graphics also an appearance of raiden is expected
coming about winter2003 Firstly, what is your source for this information? Please post a link to your source.

Secondly, what would be the point of Konami spending significant time and money on re-making a game that is already PS2 compatible? Especially one that is availble for £20/$20 on Greatest Hits. This would be a bad business decision...

Thirdly, Raiden??? So now you claim that not only are Konami going to re-make MSG! but they are also going to change the story??? Somehow I don't think so. Plus, doing such a thing would then knacker up the MGS2 story too... Plus Kojima-san has publicly stated that he feels Raiden may have been a mistake.

So let's sum up so far: You are saying that Konami are going to remake a perfectly PS2-compatible MGS and change the story to include a character that Kojima-san himself feels was unpopular.

Without any kind of proof (i.e. a link to your source) then I'm afraid this 'news' should be taken for what it's worth - absolutely nothing.

If Konami are going to do another MGS game, it would make more sense for that game to be MGS3. The sales potential of MGS3 are much higher than the sales potential of a re-made MGS.

- S

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 17th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Truthfully the whole deal on this article is on what nanjij thinks.He quoted "i think mgs is being remade for the ps2 he never said anything about it happening or being for sure.

Spank-A-Thon
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Truthfully the whole deal on this article is on what nanjij thinks.He quoted "i think mgs is being remade for the ps2 he never said anything about it happening or being for sure. No, if this post was merely his musings about MGS on PS2 he wouldn't have stated when it was coming out, or that Raiden would be in it.

Perhaps if he had written something like, 'Wouldn't it be good if...' rather than 'I think..' and 'coming about winter 2003' then you could say it's his thoughts. But by stating a release date - that infers fact.

- S