PDA

View Full Version : First anime you have seen

Hylas
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:04 AM
What's the first anime you have watched in your life? Just curious, because we are talking, obviously, about the newest series, but I suppose we began with other shows when we were younger.

The first anime I can remember is Lupin the III (I think that was the name). I think you know at least the main character, because even if it's old, this series has been very successful during the past years.

Cannibal Clown
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Anything anime that I've seen before sophmore year is hard for me to remember. I used to hate anime and anything related to Japan, so whenever I saw what looked to me to be japanese, I'd turn the channel. But I do remember that when I was about 6, I was at a friends house, and he and his older siblings were watching this one anime. It was a mecha, that's all I can remember, and I was critisising it throughout the entire show. Noting how the looked and talked and the animation was so different from "Real" cartoons, like garfield.

So I guess that shouldn't count, because I hated anime back then. I suppose I should say Sailor Moon, that was the first show thjat got me to appreachiate the Japanese style. Then I sawe Escaflowne, and fell in love with anime.

merylsilverburg
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:26 PM
My God.....the very first anime? Gosh.....I'd seen a couple when I was around 7 or 8 years old, so I really don't know which was my first anime. I guess it would have to be either the true story of The Little Mermaid, which was in anime version or Metantei Homouzu (Detective Hound or Sherlock Hound). I remember not knowing they were anime, just that the drawings were very different and pretty. My sister was the one who got me watching these, so I have to give credit to her. :)

Reid
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:38 PM
I know I saw a lot of anime that I didn't know was anime when I was really young, but the first anime that I bought and really enjoyed was Ghost in the Shell.

BowevelJoe
Apr 7th, 2002, 04:39 PM
my first anime to ever watch? probably Dragon Ball, waaay back in the day :laugh:

what got me into anime would probably have to be Ninja Scroll, ahh the violence of it...im more laid back about it though, watch anime that makes you think (Eva, Lain, etc lol)

Pu the Owl
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:42 PM
My God! This is very difficult!
When I was 2 or 3 I used to watch Japanese animation too, but it's hard to remember the titles!

I remember one of my first anime was Captain Harlock and another one called Starzinger. Other very old ones were Gatchaman, Risu no Banner and Sanpei. Then I remember, but I was 6 or 7, a funny anime called Korokoro Pollon.

I also loved Cat's Eye, Creamy Mami, Kazoku Robinson hyoryuki Fushigina shima no Flone (yeah, very long title..), Lupin III (like Hylas), Sasuke, Versailles no Bara, Tiger Mask (I think it's the English title), Voltron, Ufo Robot, Ohayo Spank, Minami no Niji no Lucy, Lady Georgie, Mazinger Z. There are many others, but I really can't remember the titles :P

Spirit
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:21 PM
ninja scroll, I forgot when,....
probably like 3-4 years ago....a lifetime to remmember

007_JamesBond
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:12 AM
DBZ is as far as I can remember, and is the only one that I can find time to watch now

happy_doughnut
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:24 AM
Oh man, I can barely remember what I did yesterday...I think the very first anime I saw was when I was like 10...I think. It was Sailor Moon. Those got me hooked. Ever since, it has always been one of my personal favorites.

Hadoken
Apr 10th, 2002, 05:37 AM
I`m not much of an anime fanatic, but the first one i watched was a series....
record of lodoss war i think... that was years ago.

Slrjoecool
May 16th, 2002, 12:21 AM
My first (and still favorite) is Sailor Moon. I saw someone in art drew a pic of Sailor Moon (before I even knew who she was..) and I asked my art teacher who drew the pic of Sailor Moon(??) Well, a couple of days later, I was channel surfing, and I came upon this show where a green-haired lady was taking a crown from some robe-wearing guy... Well, I would never have been caught dead turning watching Sailor Moon before, but I though this show was pretty cool, so I kept watching it. Well, it turns out that that was Sailor Moon, episode Jealously's Just Rewards... Still one of my favorites...

DragonSphere
May 16th, 2002, 12:34 AM
I first saw anime when I was around 6-8 years old. I think it was the Robotech series, me and my brother used to rent it a lot during those days.

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:32 PM
DBZ,Tenchi....
thats the 1st one i seen!

RobHardo
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:30 AM
My first anime ever............hhmmm i seem to remember it being Sailor Moon

RobHardo
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:31 AM
it might have been transformers, yes transformers was anime the old series that is!

Jimothy
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:14 PM
ThunderCats? is that anime? well, that if it is, or else transformers, but the first anime that i saw that i knew what it was, was DBZ a looong time ago.

Frozen
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:12 AM
To begin with, when I watched my first anime, I was not even aware that such a thing like anime existed. I was way too young, perhaps 4 or 5 years old. I think that the first one of all was Astro Boy, but I'm not sure if perhaps before or after that I watched..... shi7, forgot the name, would be something like Captain **** ah, the one of a ninja-like guy, he was always in his motorcycle and stuff, and had a half moon in his forehead, but hell, that was more than 14 years ago so it's very hard to remember. But indeed those 2 were the first I saw. Then it would have been transformers which I know I watched like when I was 7 or 8 years old. Then, like 2 years after, I saw Captain Tsubasa, yet, I still wasn't aware that it was anime. Later on, and then the very first one I became aware it was anime, was Saint Seiya. Ladies and gentlemen, that anime is one of the best series ever made. And then came Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, about a year after that.

But hell, the question was only about the very first one :laugh: I think it was Astro Boy after all.

FJ G-T
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:30 AM
DBZ.. i think thats it...