PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy ending? (Possible Spoilers)

Soul Angel
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Okay I don't think this has been done in the past but,
Which Final Fantasy game that you have played and completed do you think had the best ending to do? :confused:

For me FFVII has probably got the best ending so far imo, which I have seen.

(Possible Spoilers)
I Liked it when Cloud finally beated Sephiroth and when the Highwind changed form etc.. (something like that anyway :confused: ) just to name a few :)

(End of Spoilers)

I liked the other FF game endings as well, which I have seen, but so far FFVII is my fave one.

So what was your favourite Final Fantasy ending then? :)

DragonSphere
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:19 PM
I'd say FFX, it was probably one of the most emotional endings I've ever seen in an RPG.

kupoartist
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:41 PM
FFIX is my favorite, largely because the narration by Vivi (that was real sad :( )

I also liked it due to the way all loose ends are tied up (Eiko trating Cid like her father was real sweet :happy: )FFVII really lacks that and aside from the nice effects (the lifestream effec was reused in FF:TSW :D) I really got the feeling that I didnt know what had actually happned.... That 500years later bit just complicated it even more...

Hadoken
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I think FFVIII had the best ending. not sure exactly why, but its my fave.
I didnt like FFVII`s ending very much. Its like all that happened was, *slash*, sepiroth dies and then they`re all just sitting in the plane and looking at the lifestream.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:22 PM
IX for me, I liked the action with Zidane when he was saving Kuja, and then how it cut into an emptional scene with Dagger and Zidane at the castle.

nanjij
Apr 7th, 2002, 03:16 AM
ff8 was complete shit
ff9 woz 2 luvy dovy
ff7 was the best cause had the last battle in fmv
apparantly if u dont do anything seph attacks u and it does 1 damage, intresting

Macceh^
Apr 7th, 2002, 04:03 AM
ff7 was utter shit tbh it showed no emotion tied no loose ends up and you were left thinking wtf?
ff8 was a pretty good ending tied everythign up and i liked the little party they had :P and squall kissing rinoa at the end marked the transformation to a closed troubled man to this new squall that you see throughout the game.
ff9 easily the best so emotional tied everything up now whats those last 10 seconds i hear u can get for it?

kupoartist
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:11 AM
LOL! they really need to specify a certain "S" word as naughty in the forum... especially when you're scoulded for saying ***** :laugh: - thats the lady dog word by the way :D

Anyway, the last battle in FF7 was not in FMV. before going to the usual fight sequence you got the zooming to Sephiroth thing, but that wasn't too hot anyway. Especially compared to the scene with Zidane running to save Kuja.

FF8 had a decent ending, but It's length pissed me right off, as I was supposed to be eating :laugh: ... anyway the stuff with Laguna was great. Shame they didn't actually make it 100% clear that he was Squall's father...

I'm looking foward to the FF6 ending. Heard its about 30mins long, and I don't care that hardly any of its in FMV.

Hylas
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:09 AM
*spoilers everywhere*

Aw! FFIX ending was so sad! My poor Vivi! That was so sad and sweet at the same time!

*sigh*

My fave has to be FFVII ending, when we see RedXIII and the little Reddy looking at the ruins of Midgar!
That was really moving and unexpected for me!

The Boondock Saint
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:31 PM
I like FFIX's the best because Vivi is the best character ever in the series.

however, my overall favorite FF is VI. Kefka's way cooler than Sephiroth or anyone else by far. X is good also.

Spirit
Apr 8th, 2002, 07:10 PM
FFX was the best ending I've ever seen yet....so emotional and so unexpected, as the main character usually gets saved and lives happily ever after, not in this case however =P

The Boondock Saint
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:45 PM
yeah, ten's good. i just like the old school more, i guess. i'm such a sucker for sprites.

jenova_jeb
Apr 12th, 2002, 10:46 PM
I'm gonna say X.

happy_doughnut
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:20 PM
You're right Hylas. I have to go with FFVII too. That ending was just so moving I almost cried.

The Boondock Saint
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:31 AM
i didn't like VII's ending much. there just wasn't enough closure for me. it didn't feel complete.

jenova_jeb
Apr 13th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by The Boondock Saint
i didn't like VII's ending much. there just wasn't enough closure for me. it didn't feel complete.

That's what I thought too. I mean, heck, you don't even know for sure if they saved the planet. For all we know, it could've still been blasted.

The Boondock Saint
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:13 AM
exactly. if it was, they should've come out and said that. and if not. i liked the game, but the ending was, in my opinion, one of the weakest endings ever for a FF game. also, there were certain holes in the overall plotline of VII that bugged me.