PDA

View Full Version : Favourive anime/manga

JC Denton
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:25 PM
what is your favourite anime/manga show?

nanjij
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:08 PM
dbz, medabots, digimon, yo-gi-oh
all great anime but dbz is my favourite

JC Denton
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:14 PM
whats medabots about? what channel?

nanjij
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:43 PM
medabots is on foxkids 12:30 1:00 5:00 most days
its in the future sometime and every one has a medabot (robot)
anyway there mostly used 4 battles
well this kid (ikki the main character) buys a really shitty robot to beat these kids
but he puts a metal (sort of brain of robot) he finds in the river in his robot and it becomes really powerfull

so the story goes on how he gets in to the world medabot championship.
i like it cause its so funny and the fights look pretty cool

Reid
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:41 PM
I don't really know if I have one specific favourite, but some of them would be Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, Berserk, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun, and a lot others that won't come to mind right now.

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Well, like Reid, I have several, but my absolute fav. anime would have to be Rurouni Kenshin! Others: Fruits Basket, Hellsing, Kaikan Phrase, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gensomaden Saiyuki, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, The Big O, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and a few others. :P

Reid
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:08 PM
I forgot Rurouni Kenshin in my list too!

That's another one of my top favourites.

007_JamesBond
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Mine is DBZ it is the one that I like best, unfortunately it is one of the only ones that I have seen, I am expanding and watching more though, I must become enlightened in the ways of anime, lol

Spirit
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:15 PM
kenshin for sure, neon genesis evangelion, and I would like cowboy beboop although I've never watched it yet =P

007_JamesBond
Apr 5th, 2002, 12:02 PM
I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop yet, what is the story of that show? I dont know.

happy_doughnut
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:12 AM
My favorite would be Ranma 1/2. Although, some of my other personal favorites would be : Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gundam, MKR, The Slayers and Angel Sanctuary.

Soul Angel
Apr 6th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Two of my fave animes which I have seen are Escaflowne and Cardcaptor Sakura
There's probably more, but I can't think right now :heh:

Cannibal Clown
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond
I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop yet, what is the story of that show? I dont know.

Well, honestly, other than Spike, Visious, and Julia, there is no real story line that follows through out the show. Just a couple of bounty hunters looking for cash in all the wrong places. But it is still one of my favorites, along with Eva, and Escaflowne. But Birdy the Mighty is my all time fav. I don't know why, it just is.

happy_doughnut
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

But Birdy the Mighty is my all time fav. I don't know why, it just is.

Are you kidding, that anime is great!! I remember I used to watch everyday. Though, I watched in spanish...which was different. It was called something like: " Aventuras de Fly", well, something like that. I never knew what it was called in English though, until now that is. Do you by any chance know where I can buy some DVD's of it?

Cannibal Clown
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:26 AM
It's not available on DVD yet. only VHS.

But I did hear that it has a lot of potential to be put on DVD. Hopefully it is. I only saw the first two episodes, and never saw the last two. That's all that Encore Action Channel aired. Oh well. Boweveljoe says he'll give me Birdy the mighty on disc. That'd be cool.

Mana
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

Well, honestly, other than Spike, Visious, and Julia, there is no real story line that follows through out the show. Just a couple of bounty hunters looking for cash in all the wrong places.

That's not completely exact, because it's true that the storyline is very fragmented but we follow also Faye's story, and we learn some aspects of the lives of Ed and Jet too. I'd say there are different storylines, but not very clear as the one regarding Spike/Vicious.

Cannibal Clown
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:15 PM
It's kinda just a bunch of guys trying to get through life with adventures at every corner. But I was wrong to sayt that there is no real story, because I'm still learning new things about the show, and it's like my fourth time going through the series. And half of Spikes story can be told through some of the flashbacks, and the ending animation of every episode. The pictures adress a lot, if you look at them carefully enough.

Mana
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM
One of my fave episodes of Bebop

*spoilers for the ones who haven't seen it yet*

is the one when Faye receives the VHS she recorded when she was young. She seems not interested, but in reality she's very moved looking at herself when she was only a young girl.
The saddest thing is that when looking at the images, she can't remember anything from her past and it's like the recognition she had a life before, but this life is lost and there's no possibility to get it back, because too many years have passed.

I think Faye story in Bebop is really delicate and extraordinary for this reason: it's not clear, we don't know who was Faye before and who were her friends. We only see the VHS and some other deatail of her life, like the ruins of her house. But the personality of this character is so deep and well developed also only through this little elements. And the surprise is that while at the beginning you don't know much about her and you think she's a very superficial and material woman, then you discover she acts like this because she has lost her past.

That's why I say there are many things you can learn from the fragmented story of each character, even if it's not clearly shown.

Cannibal Clown
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:00 PM
The only episode of Cowboy Bebop I haven't seen all of yet, was the one you were just talking about, where she goes to her old home. I missed the first half of that episode, and on my second chanse to see it, it wasn't aired. That really pissed me off.

I'm going to have to wait until I get that DVD, or in several weeks, when Adult Swim plays it again. Which ever comes first.