PDA

View Full Version : Which is better MGS or MGS2

Dante
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Which is better MGS or MGS2?

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
I like the original Mgs just a tad more than mgs2.

merylsilverburg
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
I have to agree with SSSnake. MGS's storyline was terrific and there were more better developed characters. As for MGS2, the graphics were excellent, but the story was kinda lacking and a bit confusing, which I'm sure it'll be cleared in MGS3, but even so....:heh: But, I still think MGS was the ultimate one. :)

Dante
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
When raiden was introduced i got pissed off that snake wasn't the main charecter then i watched the making off dvd and i understood that hideo wanted us to see snake from another point of view

Pu the Owl
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Mmmm....that's a difficult question for me. I have no idea, because there are some aspects I like more in the first MGS and some others I prefer in the second.
I'd say I like them equally, even if I have to agree with meryl when she says the plot of MGS2 is lot more complicated and difficult to follow than the one of MGS.

MakgSnake
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:08 PM
MGS IS A Game That Made Me Fall In Love With The Series. But If U Think About It..... MGS Storyline Was Way Tooo Simple And StraightForward, Makes It Like Any Other Action Game But MGS2 Story is Soo Complex And Soo WELLLLLLL Made That Its Not Compared With Other GAMES But With GREAT Hollywood Movies..

I Love MGS2. Its Amazing... Everything About It. People Dont Like MGS2 Cause The First Time Or EVEN The 10th Time When They Play It. The Story Goes Through Their Heads. (Not Pointing Fingers At Anyone) Just Saying A Fact.

And Gameplay Counts More Then Anything, And MGS2 SuperSeads Any Game On This Section. Which Makes It A Better Game.

But I Think MGS1 Dialouges Were More Better Or Stylish!.! Oh Well!

jenova_jeb
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:40 PM
I'm gonna say MGS2.

Dante
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:49 AM
i liked them both equallly

BlackThornn
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:18 AM
I preferred the first Metal Gear Solid game.. 2's plot was a little too twisty for my tastes (I'm not real! Wait! I AM!! NO! WAIT!!!! ARGH!). Plus there's the fact that depending on how you performed in the game there were different endings (all dependant on one aspect of the game, but unless you cheated and had the walkthrough the first time you played, you didn't know that!).

Simply, in MGS1, you could ride off into the sunset with the girl, which is just cool. In MGS2 you can't even save Otacon's poor lil' sister.. or Olga.. -_-

Mana
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:00 PM
I haven't played MGS2 yet, but I'm planning to get it.
I loved MGS game, it was so different from all the other games I've played. It took me some time to get it and decide to play MGS, because I'm not too fond of action games and it looked like many other action games I hated in the past. But I've read all those enthusiastic comments about this game and I thought "This must be a cult or something...but why? Action games are very boring most of the time! All those macho men trying to save the world!". So I kinda forced myself to look at it more carefully and started playing the game ( I remember I asked here if I had to play it or not :D) and I understood why this game is so different from the others.

I can't wait to get MGS2, and play it :)

nanjij
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:29 PM
mgs2 definate
i completed mgs once with a guide and got bored
im playing my 4th time through mgs2 without a guide loving every minute of it

happy_doughnut
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Well, I'm gonna go for the original. MGS2 was just a little too vague. The story line wasn't as good as the first and not to mention, a lot more confusing. I think the worst thing was that SS was out doing "Operation Bubble Bath" and wasn't the lead character.

Andi
Apr 26th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
I like the original Mgs just a tad more than mgs2.

I think that if they made MGS1 for the playstation 2 that would totally beat MGS2:laugh:

Indrid Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:38 PM
I like MGS 2 more...
But i like MGS 1 too. but i didn't like the view.
MGS 2 View Looks new and better..

Sid554
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:54 PM
I liked MGS a little more than MGS2.
The plot of MGS2 was just too far-fetched in comparison to MGS.
Still a great game though.

jbaseley
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:35 AM
i think ff series is definatly better because there is a lot better character development and heaps of extras once finished.

jbaseley
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:38 AM
whoops wrong thread.

jbaseley
Jul 6th, 2002, 01:45 AM
i think MGS2 is better. the action is alot more fun, and i think it is good to have a complex plot because in the next game most things will be found out and in the next game i want there to be a harrier battle.

Socom
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:32 AM
I played the first one and I hated it. The graphics ruined the whole experience. MGS2 is simply one of the best games in history. I reckon the story line is great and the graphics are extremely good. Tonnes more realism too. I think MGS1 would have been greater if it was on PS2 with 128 bit graphics. That would be cool.

Frozen
Aug 8th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Socom
I played the first one and I hated it. The graphics ruined the whole experience. MGS2 is simply one of the best games in history. I reckon the story line is great and the graphics are extremely good. Tonnes more realism too. I think MGS1 would have been greater if it was on PS2 with 128 bit graphics. That would be cool.

If you have in mind the epoch in which MGS was made, the graphics actually rock. There's no point in comparing them to graphics of games for Next Gen consoles, as indeed they wipe out the floor with PS graphics. I loved that game. But I'm unsure which one was better. The story line for MGS was better as well as the bad guys, but still, the otehr things that happen in MGS2 make it hard for me to make a judgement.