PDA

View Full Version : broken ps2s club...

davidk
Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:12 PM
sorry 'bout my poor descriptionary skills.....

i came back from my aunt house and couldnt wait to play my PS2, my sis wanted to play too so i stuck in Anna Kournikovas smash court tennis. It spent ages reading the disc then it said 'disc read error'. The disc isnt scratched or anything so i stuck in another PSone game but it wouldnt play that either. It played PS2 games, just not PS1 games. I placed the ps2 vertically just to see, and it played all my ps1 games perfectly. I never had this problem before and i was wondering why this could happen. I tried ring SONT but their Irish hardware helpline dosnt work. Could it be because theres alot of dust around my house from building work? This is really annoying me cos its not ideal to have the ps2 vertical around my house. thanks for listening and goodnight.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:23 PM
Dust is a big problem definatley give your ps2 a cleaning,with a pressurized air can and a cd lens cleaner.

Dante
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:35 PM
thats wierd

davidk
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Do you have to get a special lens cleaner, or just use the ones you get for CD players?

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:58 PM
any cd lens cleaner that you can get from the store will work.

Andi
Apr 29th, 2002, 04:53 AM
When mine get to the stage were the fan and vent's have lot's of dust on them "I give it a vacume out with the Dyson "
that works fine every time & you are not blowing all the dust into your PS2 & i dont think that mine has needed to be cleaned yet with a Lens Cleaner :laugh:
THAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO DO IT:phew:

Lost_myth
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:41 PM
all on all if nothing works just return it if you can because it should work. Try a couple different ps1 games and clean them then see if it works.