PDA

View Full Version : One More Revolutionary Girl Utena Pic

merylsilverburg
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:27 PM
Heh.....I have one more Utena pic here....I have another one but, this was probably the best one. I know this drawing there's a LOT of flaws, but I drew this back in 1998, when my drawing skills haven't improved yet, so.....:right: Anyway, enjoy, I'm sorry if the pic is too dark, I had to darken it so you guys could see the characters. :)

http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=42

Rei
Mar 31st, 2002, 07:50 PM
Wow meryl! That's terribly cool! And so detailed!
Especially clothes are very well drawned!

Spirit
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:02 PM
looks really well detailed ;)
great job, and myself being an artist, I think you have very nice talent =P

Soul Angel
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:18 PM
That's really good Meryl
I like it, its really nicely done
Keep it up! ;)

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:57 AM
Wow...how long did that take you?

Pu the Owl
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:41 PM
That's really lovely!
I like the composition of the image and I agree that you added so much detail in this pic!

Cannibal Clown
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:19 PM
Hollllllyyyyyyy ssshhhhhit! I can't believe how much detail you went into with those clothes. That is awesome! The faces are a bit tooo pointy, but the rest of the pic well enough makes up for it.

Amazing!

merylsilverburg
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone! :happy: I'm glad you guys liked this one too. How long did this take me? My God....I forgot, I did this drawing back in 1998, so.....um.....I'm guessing maybe an hour or two. I forgot to mention that I drew this from an original artwork, so that's why it didn't take me so long. Yeah, I know there's a lot of flaws, but this was back in 1998, so my skills haven't really developed yet. I've been drawing since I was 5, but I didn't have any How To Draw Anime/Manga books, since this stuff wasn't popular back then, so I drew all on my own. My sister gave me the basic on the face and body, but I gradually developed on my own, by studying drawings and practicing. So, I never used any books. I slowly began getting better after studying manga drawings, (but never tracing) and watching anime. I used all the skills I learned to create my own style of drawings, so that's why the chin and face is a little pointy in this pic. But, I'm a little better now, thank God, because now when I see my old pics.....they all look like witches! :laugh: But, thank you again, guys. I appreciate it! :)